cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger data plans?

jfra1379
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, Public Mobile 🙂

I keep having to buy extra data on top of my 8GB plan, as I travel for work and am often where there is no WiFi to supplement. I've tried throttling back my background refreshes, etc., all to no avail.

Is there any plan afoot to offer data options greater than 8GB+500MB AutoPay bonus? I need 10GB... sigh...

7 REPLIES 7

@AE_Collector, this has been asked for previously, and multiple times at that.  

I find it odd that you can’t just renew early to your existing plan. You can renew early to any ther offered plan and the moderators can process an early renewal to your existing plan. The existing plan you are on needs to be added to the list of plans in “Change Plans” to allow this. Then if you max out on day 24 you pop in and renew your plan right then. Of course if you are out of data you can’t pop anywhere on the web to do anything though it is also possible that they could make the self serve web site accesable without using your own data.

Terry

there is such request here in forum, i guess majority dont use that much in one day, so no higher plan for now.   you can renewal plan to have reset on the data.

kelvinKK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

You can get one MORE SIM card with any number + 8GB data. Then, you can put on other cell phone to share out by Hotspot function.

So, you will have 16GB per month.

Thank

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow you use up 8+gb per 30 day period? I disable background refresh like you do and I turn my off at night so it doesn't data when my phone is not in my hand. I also turn my data off when I don't need it.

Good luck!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

not at this time. You can keep tabs on any new promotions that turn up in the announcements section of the forum or sign up for alerts.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jfra1379 wrote:

Hi there, Public Mobile 🙂

I keep having to buy extra data on top of my 8GB plan, as I travel for work and am often where there is no WiFi to supplement. I've tried throttling back my background refreshes, etc., all to no avail.

Is there any plan afoot to offer data options greater than 8GB+500MB AutoPay bonus? I need 10GB... sigh...

@jfra1379  Unfortunately 8GB is as high as it goes for the time being. Might want to consider the new Telus plan if your data requirement is so high.

Need Help? Let's chat.