Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: 5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

@fibi200329 wrote:

Hi All,

I’m not a frequent poster on here, but I came across something which I think is worth sharing with the community. 

I have an app called Ampli, which is a cash back app affiliated with RBC and recently saw that Public Mobile is now one of the cash back partner brands and offering 5% cash back on mobile phone plans and add ons. You just need to link the payment card (does not have to be RBC) you use to pay your PM bills to get your 5% cash back. I’ve added a screenshot of the offer from the app with details.

i.e. If you are on the $40 plan, that would be $2 additional back every month! 

Even though it’s not much, I hope some will find this helpful. I know we are all going through some stressful times right now.

E8F2641B-9516-496C-B029-A9E7E824E564.png

I downloaded the app, and can not find this offer anywhere? Does Ampli give offers when your a customer for a period of time? 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I installed it last night, and I am also not seeing Public Mobile in the list. Maybe it's geography specific? (I'm in Sask)

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fibi200329 Is there a link to which stores are available on this app? Thanks.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma This is from their help centre within the app:

"You can check out www.ampli.ca for a few of our featured brands. For a full list of participating brands, along with their offers, please visit the “Earn” section within the app."

The whole thing seems a little too invasive for what you get... RBC gets to snoop my entire transaction history of all bank accounts and credit cards in my non-RBC account... yipes. I see CIBC is pitching something similar for their customers only (so far) called "Paymi" ...

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fibi200329 any word on if this was a targeted offer towards you? None of us are seeing public in the list of brand partners... ?? Checked again later on last night still nothing on my end

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry to hear that some are not seeing this offer on the app. I checked mine again today and it does not mention in the offer whether it’s targeted or not. If it is geography based, I am based in Ontario. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fibi200329 

I can’t see it either. I thought I saw it last night but checked now and not there.

im also in Ontario 

Highlighted

I'm in Ontario also... Though that said haven't been able to link any cards?Maybe that's why? When I say I want to link an account it just opens the rbc standard website, there's no options of which bank. So I tried logging into my rbc account from there just to see if maybe I had to link that first since I do have a MasterCard with them? But it literally just acted like a browser, no choices or options to pick available

Highlighted

Was finally able to link a card! But still no public mobile options... Bummer... Since I was already in a conversation with support though I decided to ask about it. We shall see what they say! 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow another option to save on the phone bill!!  Glad I came on here to do some research looks like this si the place to be for phone deals.  How hard is it to get a SIM card?