cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonky notifications

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I read that something was up with the notifications but why am I getting ones chronologically all over the place? Some are two weeks old, some a week, some 4 hours all mixed up with current ones. Pretty sure there isnt a random button in my settings.

What's with the multiple threads with the same answer from @popping under the navigate the community title?

15 REPLIES 15

@Anonymous 

Huh? 7:35pm? Well your solution fixed both the timing and order of the posts. I dont seem to be getting any more old notifications mixed in with new ones.....

Edit: Not too clever today.....lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Why don't you quote me quoting you and then I can give you the solution....

@darlicious 

I don't recall seeing notifications mixed up. Just posts in threads.

But if you like, 7:35pm will do on that.

@darlicious : click the link under the time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Why don't you quote me quoting you and then I can give you the solution....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

Fixed through settings change as recommended by darlicious.  

Hey! I'll take that credit thank you very much 🙂

I noticed it earlier. Me and kevenv and a new guy wbg13 nailed it down.

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess there a network delay that's why you are getting plenty of same notifications, try to restart your cellphone. 

I had a post earlier today that showed before other posts even though it had a later timestamp.  I haven't checked to see if it fixed itself

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : I'm not talking about notifications. I wasn't in that thread.

I'm talking about the mixed order of posts in a thread. That seemed to have changed today. Replies to a post earlier in a thread were showing after the post it replied to. Not chronologically as it has been for as long as I've been here.

So I changed my settings to Oldest first and that fixed it to list in chronological order. The default is thread order which apparently places replies after the post it replied to. I hadn't changed anything before that. Something got changed in the background.

@will13am : if you reply to a post earlier in a thread then look at the thread again, your reply would be after the post you replied to. Not at the end.

Several people have been observing this.

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  

I'm seen in in a few threads, but most are fine.  If I log out and look around, messages are over the place in random order.

Fixed through settings change as recommended by darlicious.  

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm talking about the mixed order of posts in a thread. That seemed to have changed today. Replies to a post earlier in a thread were showing after the post it replied to. Not chronologically as it has been for as long as I've been here.

So I changed my settings to Oldest first and that fixed it to list in chronological order. The default is thread order which apparently places replies after the post it replied to. I hadn't changed anything before that. Something got changed in the background.

@will13am : if you reply to a post earlier in a thread then look at the thread again, your reply would be after the post you replied to. Not at the end.

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  

I'm seen in in a few threads, but most are fine.  If I log out and look around, messages are over the place in random order.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  Oops, I spoke too soon.  The hamster wheel is broken.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Here's your solution to my question.....

Re: Overwhelmed
@CFPartDeux wrote:

Hmmm, seems like something else has been messed with around here - my reply from 2 mins. ago is showing up ahead of your reply from 56 mins. ago...... 😮

@CFPartDeux 

Some switch was flipped in the system earlier today. Go to My settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and choose Oldest first. Then it'll be back to what it has been all along.

I was going to ask whether you broke the hamster wheel.  All difficult problems have a simple resolution.  😛

BTW, I am on default setting.  Seems fine.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else getting wonky notifications or is this limited to a few?

@Anonymous 

Here's your solution to my question.....

Re: Overwhelmed
@CFPartDeux wrote:

Hmmm, seems like something else has been messed with around here - my reply from 2 mins. ago is showing up ahead of your reply from 56 mins. ago...... 😮

@CFPartDeux 

Some switch was flipped in the system earlier today. Go to My settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and choose Oldest first. Then it'll be back to what it has been all along.

@Helpershelper 

The times are off as well....

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe their experimenting with a new notification script on their back end

Need Help? Let's chat.