cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
chaywood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Stop Telus spam emails..?

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?


@chaywood wrote:

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?


@chaywood That was the first email I have ever received from them in 15 months or so of being with PM. If need be mark it as spam and future emails will go straight to the spam folder.

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?


@chaywood wrote:

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?


Public Mobile, very rarely if ever, sends e-mail messages to customers.  Other than the odd survey or Koodo migration offer, I have never received any e-mail messages from Public Mobile. And, when it comes to messages about your account, Public Mobile does not usually contact customers by e-mail. This is almost always done by text message.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?


@chaywood wrote:

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?


@chaywood , when you open up a Telus email, find the "unsubscribe" link (usually near the bottom). When you click on it, does it give you an option of different areas to unsubscribe to, where you can pick and choose what you get emails for?

 

Some  companies have this option within the subscribing area.

will13am
Oracle

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?

I would suggest marking emails as spam rather than unsubscribing.  The thing Public Mobile related emails (those from Telus are included) is that if you unsubscribe to one, you unsubscribe to everything.  There are valid emails sometimes.  Sending them to spam will at least declutter the inbox but still leave the option to review the junk.  

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?

I just checked my email... no email from Telus.  I feel overlooked.  😭

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?


@computergeek541 wrote:


Public Mobile, very rarely if ever, sends e-mail messages to customers.  Other than the odd survey or Koodo migration offer, I have never received any e-mail messages from Public Mobile. And, when it comes to messages about your account, Public Mobile does not usually contact customers by e-mail. This is almost always done by text message.


This is from this year on my main account. And the most recent one today up top.

 

emails.JPG

 

I've never unsubscribed to anything from the Telus family. I almost always don't check a box or uncheck a box to want whatever emails. ie. no thanks. I guess something slipped by somewhere.

But these things don't bother me either.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?


@RosieR wrote:

I just checked my email... no email from Telus.  I feel overlooked.  😭


Here are some screen grabs of it. 

798E63E0-25D4-431E-B7E9-8BF19D171DCC.pngFC67C6B9-5809-4AF1-B452-5B0227DA8F2C.pngDA18199B-FD8D-4E17-BE71-1778F1D05649.png36E5C675-AE21-4B47-BD44-8CEAA645A782.png164F1703-3D9F-4D4E-B019-F379FFB0E1A5.png

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?

thanks so much @JoyLuck 🌹

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Stop Telus spam emails..?

@RosieR

That reminds me....i have to pay my telus bill! I need to get them back to sending me a paper bill thats my reminder...open the bill, check it over for mistakes or sneaky notices saying they are raising your bill in two months by $5. If it's all in order I go pay it. I don't even noticed the e-bill.....

Need Help? Let's chat.