Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We know some of you have been experiencing intermittent issues with our service over the last couple of weeks. We feel your pain and are working really hard to get these issues fixed as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we are all here to help! So if you have encountered any of the problems below, please follow the instructions to contact us and we’ll make things right.

1. If you are having issues with Activating a new Public Mobile account, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us” 
  • Make the following selections:  

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

1. If you are having issues with Renewing Your Plan, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

My Account > Billing and Payments > My account is active > I know my current balance /     amount owing > I need help with a credit card payment online > Email Us

1. If you have beencharged an incorrect amount during activation, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

Last updated on 25/11/2015 

149 REPLIES 149

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@soffy2moon If your SIM is asking for PUK code that means you have entered SIM pin wrong couple of times. please click on Contact Us and email support team. If you enter PUK code wrong it will block your SIM card and you have to order a new SIM card. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
PUK? Have you tried the sim in your phone?

soffy2moon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Daniel. I did all the steps including:

8. Payment

I and when I got to step:

9. Summary

it showed me message "Ops, something went wrong"! Now my cellphone asking PUK, I'm not touching SIM until I'll get this PUK! Online self service doesn't recognise my email, and I did created account! ..

When I'll get my PUK?!?

Thanks

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @soffy2moon,

Once you've sent a message to PM support team, the delay can be up to 48hours.

Prior to activating your selfserve account, did you activate your SIM card on from this site : https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ ?

Once the SIM is activated, you should be able to use your phone.

there is a known problem with the selfserve area, and this issue should be resolve by the end of next week.

Dont forget that PM is currently in BETA and some problem of the sort may happen, but once your service will be activated, you'll be able to enjoy great data speed and coverage.

Thank for your patience,

soffy2moon

Hi.

I having issues with Activating a new Public Mobile account, and I did follow these steps:

“Contact Us”  >> SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

What now?!? No respond, no  Self Serve to my newly created account! SIM says: It isn't ready to use!

Seriously, what now???

I agree PM needs more Tune-up time, but so far, they're the best. But, additional services and features can also bring happiness, and more wow to the table 

aguyfromontario
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ok so im here to help out still who knows I may get a line for my tablet later. anywhoo.. ya the Online Only part is VERY annoying when dealing with the pro-sumer like myself.. I would prefer to have a quick resolution team and pay a bit more. then wait days for a response esp if my phone is down. also the lack of even a general chat room to help people.. really somewhat annoyed me a bit.. also being unable to monitor the data usage on my device really pissed me off I must say.. esp since if you run out.. thats it you pay OVERAGE rate.. if you want more data that month! really annoying! anyway there is only one benefit.. price.. the rest.. well I cant really live without! also coverage is good with telus yes.. however EXT support (most people have no idea what that is) is NOT available on public mobile.. nor is the near border billing.. anywhoo I am off to fight another battle hope your all well! will be back when this pet project grows a bit and becomes the hugely popular company I know it COULD be! 🙂 chin up!

Daniel

@Catherine,

The main affected area are the online service. The network itself is own by Telus, therefore they can't change the actual network!

But it's possible in a scenario where your account balance is due and you can't login the account to process the payment because of thecnical issue...

Catherine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It sounds like you're saying that any PM customer, as long as PM is in beta, could experience a sudden stop to their service(s) - i.e. talk, text, data - for an indefinite period of time. Is that right?

Daniel

Hi @Catherine,

Being in BETA means that even something that is currently working today, might be broken tomorow while trying to implement a new feature!

So the broken and working part will often change!

Catherine

I'm still unclear about exactly what functions are effected by the fact that PM is beta.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @aguyfromontario,

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you, this time. I know that the Community looks forward to you becoming a PM customer in the future.

To your Mom: Though it's early, welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

My reply was not arrogant. It simply stated that your hope that PM was purposely failing was not only wrong, but also illogical because, to reiterate, failing companies do not cause other companies to become defunct.

If anyone was rude and arrogant, it was you. In your very first post, you outright stated, without any facts whatsoever, that PM was not only failing, but purposely so, to drive a supposedly cheaper alternative carrier out of business.

What is the next conspiracy theory?

sonspot

Yes I am interested in PM and I have the right to ask questions or have good even bad impression after reading thru the forum and nothing but complaints over and over, people being frustrated. I did not say PM was failing, please don't get presumptuous or ignorant.

Good thing your arrogant reply does not make my decision for me FYI.

aguyfromontario
Due to a few issues I had.. I had to leave public mobile and go back to Telus.. I'm sorry but it was necessitated by a few service issues that were not fixable (ext support for instance) but will be activating service for my
Mother in the near future 🙂 thanks for a trial and look forward to the full service!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

PM is a full-fledged company in its own right, wholly owned by Telus, one of the Big 3. As such, it shares the same network and provides the same quality of service as Telus does.

PM is not purposely failing, or unintentionally failing.

If you truly believed that PM is failing, why are you interested in it? Further, your statement is illogical, as a failing business does not cause another business to become defunct.

FYI.

sonspot

I'm looking to get PM, I ordered the sim, now its a matter of getting it activating it choosing a plan. is the sevice any better than wind in terms of data.. If I can send or recieve text and email I don't point of getting it. I really hope PM is purposely failing just to get rid of a cheaper alternative cell provider.

burkely

@Jeremy_M

Are these issues service related or issues with the sign up? I'm curious as I just placed something on the forum about not receiving calls and/or texts and also fired off an email. 

Cheers!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@aguyfromontario welcome to the family.

Catherine

Another question: What functions are effected by PM being Beta? Or, if it makes it easier, what functions are not effected? I understand that the self-serve issues are fairly new so I assume they're not Beta related, but I'm not sure.

That's a real good news! Thanks @aguyfromontario for providing an update. 

aguyfromontario
Hey everyone!

So the port is finally complete!! AND... As soon as it was... I could login to my account!!!!

Woo hoo finally all in to PM! 🎉

Hi @aguyfromontario - Support team will be contact you shortly for both the Self Serve and the porting update.

aguyfromontario

I messaged @Mansi_G and I hope to hear back as soon as posible.. I know she is really busy!

Daniel

@aguyfromontario,

I know, do you still have access toyour selfserve area? If not, then it's worth to give a shout to @Mansi_G, she'll be able to start the porting process even if you can't access your selfserve section.

aguyfromontario
Ya thanks... It's annoying having to carry around two phones because I have no idea when the port will be done.. Also paying for a phone I can't really use because it dos not have my proper phone number on it

Daniel

If you still have no answer tomorow morning, we'll alert the community manager so she/he could take a look into the problem and help get faster response out of the support team.

aguyfromontario
Yeaterday... No response

Daniel

Good morning @aguyfromontario,

How long has it been since your last request to PM support team?

aguyfromontario
Still waiting on my port to happen! 😞 and no my account access still 😞
Need Help? Let's chat.