cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lovedealios did you activate Talk+Text plan? if you activated talk+text+data plan you won't get $20 credit. $20 credit is just for talk+text plan only & that promo for $20 credit has been ended on July 4, 2018

MacMe

@Lvanderwier wrote:

I would like to get the 4.5 G of data in the plan for $40, but I am unable to select change plan now.  It says I need to top up.  Why should i have to top up? I already have a $40 plan (2.5 G and unlimited talk and text.)

Thank you for your time.

Leon Iriarte

You need to top up because the amount you last paid is for the 2.5GB plan.  You cannot not switch to the 4.5GB right away without paying for it.

Instead of selecting "Change Plan Now", choose "Change on next renewal date".  So when you current plan ends, the 4.5G will start.

Lvanderwier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to get the 4.5 G of data in the plan for $40, but I am unable to select change plan now.  It says I need to top up.  Why should i have to top up? I already have a $40 plan (2.5 G and unlimited talk and text.)

Thank you for your time.

Leon Iriarte

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Lovedealios

According to this thread it can take up to 72 hours for the credit to show up on your account. It only applied to talk and text plans though;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-y...

Lovedealios

I activated my account tonight at Walmart on the $40 plan and was told I'd get $10 for using a referral code and a $20 credit as well plus I got the SIM card for free. I just looked at my account and j got the $10 referral credit but not the $20 yet, does it usually take a few days to show up? Thanks

meocon

@Muldersarah28 yes this plan still work on this Friday. This plan deadline on July 9, 2018.

@torontokris, yes, I understand that 1159 is the same time in AM notation, and on a 24 hour clock.

The ongoing issue at Public Mobile is, time zones are usually listed incorrectly ie EST when it should be EDT, the reverse, or not at all.

in this case, I’ve asked for the clarification, as there is a 12 hour period, at the time of my last psst to this thread, that may have been omitted if AM/PM was not listed.

i see as I am writing this, the updated first post has been updated again, to include the PM time reference.

Muldersarah28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am active the 40 plan able fri and then port in my nuemrb form tleus can i till get it fri

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@Brooke_C, please clarify if 11:59 EDT is noon, or or late night.  AM and PM should be designated if not using a 24 hour clock.... just like in the usage history in self serve should also be.

If she was using a 24 hour clock 1159 am would still be shown as 1159 

my guess is pm as in a minute before midnight as in July 9 is the last day

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C, please clarify if 11:59 EDT is noon, or or late night.  AM and PM should be designated if not using a 24 hour clock.... just like in the usage history in self serve should also be.

If I future date it to my next date of August 16. Will I still get the previous 90 days (up to that point) Rewards? 

Because since I'm changing from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan it is showing I would only have 1/3 of my rewards at the next billing date. 

@BoatyMcBoatface wrote:

Will the 4.5 gb plan be honored for people who recently signed up for the $40 for 4gb plan, but still have 2+ weeks until their next billing cycle?

If you have gone in and done a future plan change you have the deal locked in, but you MUST do a future dated plan change before the 9th of July

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BoatyMcBoatface

Will the 4.5 gb plan be honored for people who recently signed up for the $40 for 4gb plan, but still have 2+ weeks until their next billing cycle?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rashidrtm, was you account active at the time you made the change, or was it in suspesion?  When an account is suspended, the user cannot change the plan.  As soon as enough funds are added to the account, the account is renewed using the PREVIOUS plan.  Also, what does you account page show?  What plan, and is there any outstanding ballance.

If everything looks right, then you definitely need to get in touch with the moderator team (via private message) and have them look into both issues.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Rashidrtm

Hi,

I changed my plan to the 4.5 GB for $40 on the next renewal date a few days ago but it instead changed my plan to the 5.5 GB for $45....Also I noticed that my data is basically done when my plan just renewed...any clue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Distinctly, if you haven't already done so,  I would check my credit card(s) to be sure you weren't double charged,  and check my accounts to be sure they show the correct plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chadrowett, was your account previously suspended?   If so, you cannot reactivate an account on a new plan without moderator help.   The system will simply put you back on your previous plan.  If that is your situation,  you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to change your plan.  Since the extra funds are already sitting in your account,  one less thing to do.   Be sure to include your phone # or account # and account PIN (if known) in order to speed up identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ted, if you want to change your plan now, your data will reset/restart.  Keep in mind that if you change your plan before the end of your cycle,  you forfeit whatever was left in the old plan.  If you are CHANGING plans , you can do it yourself. 

meocon

@Ted You need to contact Mods to renew your plan earlier. Data will available right away when you change to new plan

Ted

hey there,

i currently have a 50$ plan and all its data is used, if i change today for this plan, will it renew my bandwidth? or will the data be available only the next billing cycle?

Chadrowett

signed up for the $45 5.5gb plan and it charged my account for the plan , but it kept me with my old plan at $32 a month and gave me a balance of $13.00 , but i got charged for the $45 plan plus taxes , i want this new plan not my old one 

@Distinctly: why did you ignore the instruction to ignore the error message as you are on AutoPay?

that instruction is there for a reason.

AutoPay fails more often than not, when subscribers try to take action when they should leave it alone.  The only steps you should take on the day or renewal, is when you do not have service, reboot your phone, and check again.

If you are still then without service, contact the moderators via private message.

AutoPay works, but the self serve interface makes it scary.

Distinctly

Okay, I resolved this myself.

Everything on my account was fine, including my payment information.  The PM system showed that AutoPay was set, yet the main screen showed that I had to make a payment.  Obviously, there is a logic error in the PM transaction system when switching plans.  I'd like to say it was a one-off error, but it happened on all three accounts.  That's not a coincidence.

To anyone who runs into this, the following worked for me:

Behaviour:

1. On June 29th, I used the "'Change Plan" button on the My Account "Overview" screen.
  2. Everything seemed to work fine.
  3. I received a pop-up message asking "Are you sure you want to change your plan?  Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date.  Your account will not be changed until that date..." (I made screen caps while performing the account change).
  4. My account later showed that this account change had been placed and was pending the next billing date (the next day, June 30th).
  5. That next day (yesterday), all appeared fine, and our phones worked without problem.
  6. Today, July 1st, no service.

When I looked into our accounts, I encountered and went through the following to resolve the issue:

1. On the Overview screen, there was a message in a large orange-outlined box with a big exclamation mark:  "Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay..."  (We are on AutoPay.)
  2. On this same notification, there is a "Reactivate Current Plan" button.
  3. Down below, Account Status shows, "Plan Expired."
  4. If I click "Reactivate Current Plan," it takes me to the Make a Payment screen, where...what?  All of my pre-pay info there is correct.
  5. ...and clicking the "Submit" button doesn't work.
  6. I re-add my card by clicking on the link to "Manage credit or Visa Debit card."
  7. On the Manage Credit Card screen, I click "Replace this credit card" and put in the same info that was already there (all the same info, including expiry and CVS).
  8. Return to the Overview screen.
  9. Look, again, at the notification at the top and again click the "Reactivate Current Plan" button.
  10. This brings me back to the Make a Payment screen (déjà vu).
  11. Ignore the payment info there and click the "Submit" button. (again)
  12. This time, I get a Congrats! text message telling me that my rewards, etc, have been applied.

For the record, I tried other paths of making this work within the PM system.  After all, I had three accounts to work and try this with ... and I tried several things each time.  Until I tried the manner outlined above, we had no service and ... racka fracka 😉

I hope this helps someone ... I hope even more that you don't run into this yourself!

meocon

@Distinctly 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you maybe autopay system get error so....  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Distinctly

Hi there,

Actually, I switched my previous plan to this one on 2018-06-29 by selecting it from a menu option of available accounts.  I did the same for my wife's phone number, and I selected a different account for my daughter's.

As of today, we are all suddenly getting an automated message stating, "Sorry, we cannot complete your call, since you don't have an active plan on your account..."

This is happening for all three of our phones/phone numbers, and, yes, we are set up with automatic billing.

When I log into my account, it states "Plan Expired."  This plan is still available on the PM website.

To say we are not impressed would be an understatement!  Now, I have to figure out how to get this working again.

There were no errors or warnings when I switched plans (the day before the billing date).  In fact, all three of our accounts showed that our plan would be automatically switched over on the next billing date (the next day...yesterday).  We had phone access yesterday.  We don't today.

What is going on!

I would appreciate a PM moderator replying and resolving this for us.

jojopf99

great deal , great service too !!!

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Changed to this too. UnbeatableHeart

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@stonechucker, what I think @JL9, is saying they are seeing is that they ahve future dated their plan change to the end of a current 90 day plan to a new 30 day plan.  But their rewards are already showing the 30 day plan.  So they should have received $6 for autopay on their next renewal but they are only seeing $2 even though it will be 90 days from their last renewal so they should still get the $6.

@ShawnC13. That is correct, I just want to make sure that I will be getting the full 16+ rewards towards my bill on the date of change and then from there on in I understand that my rewards will just be based on 30 days going forward 

@ShawnC13, I was typing that while you posted yours!   Great minds, think and stink alike 😉

I've started thinking about this, and I actually think it may be right.

Back when you sign up, if you enable AutoPay, you do not get the reward until your first renewal.  So on a 90 day plan your $6 for cycle 1 isn't applied until cycle 2.

On the renewal at cycle 2, an additional $6 is in play, so you get a total of $12 applied.

At the start of cycle 3, Autopay shows $6, and is used accordingly.

This logic follows with Loyalty and Friend rewards also, other than the reward sits on your account until the end of the cycle and is used.

What I think is happening, as my renewal for my 90 day plan is still over 70 days away and I've only been active for 19, I've only accumulated "to this point" 1 Loyalty (my annivrsary date hasn't actually hit yet for 2 years, it's still later this month), my only friend referal is $1 as I haven't crossed the 90 (yet) of my now changing plan), and the autopay is at $2 because I'm only at 19 days.

My plan screen shows that I'm autopay on September 7, and renewal is September 8th.  The issue is, it's still expecting me to rew at the 90 day price, but calculating for the upcoming 30 day change over.  It's showing what I've earned since my last renewal, and will keep adding it until I hit 90 days.  I expect to receive what it previously showed (($15), it's just need to wait to appear.

I'm going to wait until min August to see what happens before I dive in further.

Need Help? Let's chat.