Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - September 2018

Abdallah_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

september.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top5.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for September! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

rewardchart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

bravos guys.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

as a solution.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community Knowledge Base Article. 

48 REPLIES 48

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats to all that contributes in making PM the best wireless company in Canada.  Keep on helping each other and supporting each other.  Thank you to all the MODS and Oracles who provide such amazing support day in and day out, I'm sure I speak for all when I say "Thank you for everything you do".

Got a call from FIDO today, they were going to try and sell me some promo deal or something, but I cut that call short, don;t even care what they have to offer.  I say, when you have something this good why listen for anything else.  

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice job.

Hendrix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys!

I just joined recently and I'm so grateful for everyone's support. Thank you 🙂 

@Alan_K wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top5.PNG

And now for the September contributor puzzle:

The 5% badge indicates it was earned by 18 people, yet there are only 17 members included in the announcement.  Can anyone tell me whose avatar is missing from that graphic?  Smiley Wink

(Of course, if you are that person, you'll easily know it, so by all means step forward for your well-deserved recognition if you happen to see this.)

EDIT:  And the missing Top 5% avatar is...

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !
PMWetcoasterTop5%_Sep2018.jpg
Well done and congrats on the 5% badge.  Credit where it's due!  Robot Happy

@SD08

Looks like some important people disagree with you.

I'm probably in the dog house for pointing out flaws in community replies from the moderator_team too many times... 

There are no doghouses here (but imagine if I could bring a pet to work!) - we're sorry we missed you this month and we'll make sure to double check the names before posting next time! Smiley Happy

I sure hope there aren't any doghouses at Public Mobile. We wouldn't want anyone to confuse this brand with that doggy-branded cell phone carrier!

Alan_K

@wetcoaster wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

top5.PNG

The 5% badge indicates it was earned by 18 people, yet there are only 17 members included in the announcement.  Can anyone tell me whose avatar is missing from that graphic?  Smiley Wink

(Of course, if you are that person, you'll easily know it, so by all means step forward for your well-deserved recognition if you happen to see this.)

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !

@SD08

I'm probably in the dog house for pointing out flaws in community replies from the moderator_team too many times... 

There are no doghouses here (but imagine if I could bring a pet to work!) - we're sorry we missed you this month and we'll make sure to double check the names before posting next time! Smiley Happy

@wetcoaster wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

top5.PNG

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !

@SD08

LOL I doubt it was that.  Looking at the picture it was a simple oversight or they left one out so they would have room for the SIMon avatar.  Either way, congrats on your reward as always well deserved

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster if that were the case I think many others would have been left out.

SD08

@wetcoaster wrote:

@SD08

@wetcoaster

Naw, I really doubt the omission was intentional.  I mean, they did give you the badge.  Why would they give you that but not the mention in the announcement?  Mistakes are sometimes made when they put together the graphics for the announcements.  Just look what happened for August, where I was listed twice, lol.  So without looking further, that's two errors in the last two months alone.

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

top5.PNG

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !

@SD08

People are generally free to bravo whichever posts they wish and for whatever reasons they wish (within reason).  We have to remember that in a way, this whole community is really a social game.  Those who are either well-liked, have good reputations, or have had worthwhile past conversations with users are probably more likely to get a higher amount of bravos from others.

As for whether or not bravoing posts and receiving them in return for a social thread such as this one is wrong, that's up to each user to decide.  Each person is free to give bravos, receive bravos, and to post (or not in these types of threads).

I know that there can be an argument made saying that someone shouldn't get 10 or 20 bravos just for saying "hi" or "congrats" in this thread, but I see that as really being a flaw in the way things are set up, and not the fault of the community members. If we feel that these types of bravos shouldn't carry as much weight as ones where customer questions are answered, bravo giving should be blocked in this thread.  As it is now, users who don't  participate in this thread will be at a slight disadvantage when it comes to next month's community rewards.  Fair or not, that's the reality of it.

mimmo

Great sleuthing @SD08

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

top5.PNG

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !

popping

@sulagok wrote:

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will be me. Initially I was thinking the list was compiled before I reached that level, didn’t realize one was in fact missing in the list.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@sulagok,

You are not the missing 5% contributor as you received a 25% badge.

SD08

@sulagok wrote:

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will be me. Initially I was thinking the list was compiled before I reached that level, didn’t realize one was in fact missing in the list.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@sulagok

Actually, on your page, you received the 25% badge on Oct 12, which is credited for September activity, the month concerned.  Wetcoaster's is the missing 5% avatar (see the spoiler in my original post).

Nevertheless, congrats on your contribution reward.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will not be me (my mistake). The last badge update that I saw before the announcement was actually 50% (mistaken for 5% as I initially thought the step goes up to 100% and there was 5 on that badge) and didn't realise it's already 25%. Anyways, I'm still relatively new and learning from our pros.

youbme

Oh dear... Controversy abounds...

Regardless, I'm always happy to see these threads once a month congratulating each others contributions and another successful month of members helping members.

Well done everyone!! 🎉

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Félicitations à tous les contributeurs! Continuons à aider à améliorer la communauté.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congradulations to all contributors! Lets continue to help improve the community.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You are free not to participate in the thread.  The statement of all the recent thread cleansing makes it sould like 100's of threads are being moved.  There have been 7 in the last month and those include threads by recently banned people

Well come on ShawnC13. We're all free to not participate at all anywhere here. The point there speaks to removing threads that inappropriately generate Bravo's. Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing threads?

Threads I have moved have been on topics not related to receiving customer service or help from the community.  I am open to continuing this through private messages as to not clog up the forum

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You are free not to participate in the thread.  The statement of all the recent thread cleansing makes it sould like 100's of threads are being moved.  There have been 7 in the last month and those include threads by recently banned people

Well come on ShawnC13. We're all free to not participate at all anywhere here. The point there speaks to removing threads that inappropriately generate Bravo's. Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing threads?

@mimmo wrote:

I'm sorry, but at this point, with all the recent "thread cleaning", I  have to take exception with this thread, and all the artificial bravos it is generating for posters. 

If PM are trying to get rid of social threads and gaming the rewards i think this thread qualifies... 9-13 broavos for saying congrats,  now that goes a long way to juking the system....

Maybe PM should make all annoucements closed threads....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Got-a-huge-bill-from-Koodo/m-p/276258#...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Heads-Up-Giving-BRAVOs-may-get-you-in-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Happy-Thanksgiving-2018/m-p/284323#M54...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Logical-anti-trolling-suggestion-for-t...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/GO-LEAFS-GO/m-p/283303#M542

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Need-a-referral-code/m-p/282184#M540

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/You-have-a-Pm-but-don-t-want-to-switch...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

I'm sorry, but at this point, with all the recent "thread cleaning", I  have to take exception with this thread, and all the artificial bravos it is generating for posters. 

If PM are trying to get rid of social threads and gaming the rewards i think this thread qualifies... 9-13 broavos for saying congrats,  now that goes a long way to juking the system....

Or like with the Knowledge Base sub-forum where you can comment but there are no Bravo's.

But this is where it goes if we were in a black & white world. You can't have some frivolity but then shut down other frivolous posts or threads. Who should have the power to do so? Why this one? Why not that one? And on and on.

I think what has gone on with sniffing out gamers seems to be kinda working. Or if someone does detect that maybe something doesn't seem right and to notify an Oracle and then they have a quick group convo of at least a couple and decide to do something or not.

A problem then though could be personal vendettas. Someone just can't stand to see postings of someone else and complains.

mimmo

EdmondY

Yay puzzles!!!  I wonder who it could be....  (I got no clue.)

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats to all the top contributors. Smiley Happy Great work on helping everyone in the forum with questions and concerns.

glemlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Definitely a nice incentive to be active and results in very quick responses to questions.

SD08

@Abdallah_A wrote:

top5.PNG

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who contributes!

drmartin

@RobertQc wrote:

Congratulations to all rewarded, and thanks for your contributions. Keep up the great work! What a great community we have here! Happy to be part of the helping team. Thanks also to the moderators for their efforts especially lately as they deal with the higher than usual volume of support requests from system glitches.

I'm so happy to be in the same league as you and the other community greats!!! 😉

Well done again, thanks everybody!

Oldtimer102
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Couldn't agree more! 

I'd take the advice given in this community over outsourced customer service any day!

Need Help? Let's chat.