cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NDesai
Oracle

Re: Rate Plan Changes that did not go According to Plan- Good Grief Charlie Brown

@Cat_L Thank you for taking time for understanding and revising. I know from previous qs and concerns were raised due to just 1 day less. I get your reason and its definitely true that monthly is a more suitable term but its referring to a month with 30 days. With that in mind many will think its per month and hence 92 or 91 days in total. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Rate Plan Changes that did not go According to Plan- Good Grief Charlie Brown

@NDesai@Cat_L

How about adding one more word:  "The full package for basically $40/month" to connote roughly accurate monthly cost of a more complex 90-day plan.  The * footnote is already there.

srlawren

How to caluclate the actualy monthly amount of your rate plan, to compare to other carrier options:

On a 90 day plan?:

Take your 90-day plan cost, divide by 90, multiply by 365, and divdie by 12.

Example:  my 90-day plan costs $135.  In my head I think of this as about $45/month.  But actual cost is:  135 / 90 x 365 / 12 = $45.63 per calendar month.

On a 30 day plan?

Take your 30-day plan cost, deivide by 30, multiply by 365, and divide by 12.

Hopefully that helps.  🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
imm1304

@srlawren  For the $120/6GB plan highlighted on the PM homepage:

120/90 = 1.3333  >>> 1.33 x 365 = 486.6666  >>> 486.67/12 = 40.55

So, "The full package for $40.55/month*"  The 55 cents can be smaller superscript.  

Alex-M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not exactly sure what having the title of Oracle refers to, but I think that it may have something to do with Voluntary Community Member when regular PM Customer Support Staff is unavailable?

Would any available Oracle be able to tell me how often or how frequently Mary_M checks into the community forums here? I have recently Private Messaged her about an issue I had experienced when updating my old plan to the new plan rate while still keeping all the old details / features of my old plan. The only thing that changed was the price, but now I have this odd $3.00 charge that I have still owing?!

I made payment in full today on July 29, 2016, and it was $42.00 before tax. It came out to $47.46 with tax.

My old plan was $45.00 before tax. The only thing that changed was the price when I did the update, as I aforementioned.

srlawren

Hi @Alex-M.  I'm not sure of Mary's specific hours but it might be tomorrow morning before you hear back now.  Hang in there, they will make it right!

For more info about the Oracles....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/m-p/46853#U46853

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Meet-the-Oracles/m-p/46851#U46851

Yes we are just enthusiastic PM customers like yourself, whom earned a bit of a reputation for being helpful at least some of the time!  We're not perfect, but we do our best to point people in the right direction, or to flag Shazia or Mary when needed to resolve an issue.

Cheers!

EDIT:  corrected typo in Shazia's name.  Oops!--as I said, we're not perfect 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

@srlawren  For the $120/6GB plan highlighted on the PM homepage:

120/90 = 1.3333  >>> 1.33 x 365 = 486.6666  >>> 486.67/12 = 40.55

So, "The full package for $40.55/month*"  The 55 cents can be smaller superscript.  

You forgot the remove the $2 monthly autopay credits

Plus if you really are doing 365 days you also would need to remove $1 per year (loyalty reward)

srlawren

@kav2001c yes that was on purpose.  I don't want to assume that folks will sign up for auto-pay, or use the community, or refer anyone.  I should have said a disclaimer that my calculation was for your base plan cost per calendar month, before any earned rewards or applicable taxes.  Even before you apply rewards, these plans are pretty **bleep** good for many people's needs!

Alex-M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren , I appreciate your prompt response and vote of confidence. I certainly hope that my minor issue will have a good resolution, before my account goes into an unexplicable state of expiry, and my account becomes suspended (such as what happened to me a month ago). Smiley Indifferent

Thank you also for the the helpful URL links, I will take a look at them both.

I agree, that we are not all perfect, in fact no one individaul can make such a bold claim. We do not live in a perfect world, if we did, we wouldn't face the everyday problems we face with poverty, hunger, war, crime, prejudice, stereotypes, hate, etc. To live in such a world without those problems, we would have to create a secluded Utopian Society to shield ourselves from outside negative forces and influences. The world does not work this way, and each individual has the choice to do good or to do wrong.

When a group of people come together to form a collective band, that's when true strength shines the brightest. Strength in numbers is the force that will prevail, and overcome any obstacle set in it's path.

If I could say one thing about myself, it's that I am perfectly imperfect, as I too tend to make mistakes sometimes, but that is what makes me who I am, and by human nature, everyone makes mistakes. When you realize the mistakes you have made, and you acknowledge them, and make every effort to better yourself from those mistakes, that is what makes you a truly unique individual.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Brooke_C said:

"Customers who Pre-Selected a Rate Plan that was only Available Prior to July 28th for their Next Billing Cycle need to Upgrade to the New Suite of Rate Plans

This is a niche problem that will only apply to under 200 of you. If you pre-selected a rate plan that you wanted for your next billing cycle and that rate plan no longer exists as a result of the plan option changes, you will need to upgrade to the new suite of rate plans."

What exactly does this mean? It seems contrary to the info posted elsewhere that those who were on old plans are grandfathered in, and may keep them.
Need Help? Let's chat.