Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Pricing

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

162 REPLIES 162

randolphbenoit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thx all for your replies!

Friend of mind planning on joining the PM family. He looking at options for home and work. he like a Atlantic province package but PM has none. Province wide is great for his needs but he travels for work for a few months each year. what are the long distance addon options that he can setup before traveling to work (once at work no internet)... 

So final question!

How long these minutes last (until used)?

LONG DISTANCE

$8 for 200 mins and $15 for 400 mins (includes international). Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

if I have 3 month province wide package do the 200/400 minutes stay active (until used) for the whole time? (does say rolls over to next cycle).

aip0401

Think of it this way - when you are dialing out, only your location has any bearing in determining whether a call is considered long distance, NOT your phone number.  That's why, say, when you're in Ontario dialing an Ontario number, the call is considered local, but, when you're dialing home to, say, BC, it's considered long distance.  That's because where you're located currently (which is Ontario in this example) is a long distance call to BC.

The only time your number has any bearing in this equation is if someone is trying to call you, and again, this is relative from the perspective of the caller.  So, for instance, your mom in BC trying to call you would be considered a local call for her because she's dialing your BC number.  However, your friend in Ontario trying to call you (even though you're physically in Ontario) would be considered a long distance call because you have a BC number, because the call has to be routed back to BC first before it reaches you where you are.

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@randolphbenoit let's say you live in Ontario and travel to Alberta.  While in Alberta, if you don't have any Long Distance add-on minutes, you will not be able to receive any calls, they will go straight to voicemail.  For outbound, you would be able to call anyone with an Albert-based phone number for free, but to call to someone with an Ontario-based phone number would require long distance add-on minutes, regardless of wehther they are still at home in Ontario or standing right next to you in Alberta on the trip together.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

randolphbenoit

Yes I got message earlier and already done so!

Another quick question: Province-Wide calling... If I happened to be out of the province on a trip can I call back to my home province? or need long distance addon?

As fine print says need long distance if being called (incoming) while outside but fuzzy on calling back home....

1. Province-Wide option includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Long Distance Talk Add-On is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province.

srlawren

@randolphbenoit as @wetcoaster suggested, click the button on the right that says "change on next renewal date".  It won't cost you a penny today, and will take effect with your next renewal

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@randolphbenoit

Schedule a future dated plan change so that the system will apply the new pricing on your next renewal. This way you don't loose any money.

randolphbenoit

Love to see lower prices but sad it not retroactive to to current users! Also if I want to change to lower price for same package I currently on cant change at all unless I add more money to the account!pricechange.jpg

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The prices are definitely better.  Thank you, PM. 🙂

New updated pricing chart! (bonus data ended today without warning for 4G plan)

b.png

Should have seen that both Canada talk+text with and without 1.5GB "3G" data are the same price... So don't choose that plan without data 😉

@Someone_here wrote:

a.png

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

@danielj  everything can not be as it once was.  from what i have read from oracles the "3g"  speed is actully not bad for basic web stuff even youtube.   so the new 90 day $90 plan is actually a little better than the old one as you get the global texting  and a little more data.  you will likley not be using data to watch youtube or anything data intensive with only 1gb so 3g should be more than enough bor basic things.

Another option you could do is get a talk and text plan for $73 after autopay and buy the 30$ data addon (which will be at LTE) the cost would be 103$/90 days but if you really dont use data that much the data could actally roll over into your next period as it doen't expire untll used up. If you make the data last 4 months (250mb.month vs 333b) you are basically almost at $30/30 days...  My mom and and another friend do data this way.

@mimmo  Everything can not be done at once but overall an officially "4G" $90 for the 90-day plan would be nice to have. Be even nicer if it was to include global texting and if they possible made the plan 1.5GB. It being global texting and 1.5GB at 3G vs 1 GB at 4G it is comparable and is possibly better for people that will use global texting and more data, them bringing back the options and it possibly have it cheaper for those who won't be using it would be even better. It would overall be nicer if it was an official plan over having to play around with add-ons. Overall hopefully they continue to bring back more options and better pricing.

SD08

@Someone_here wrote:

a.png

@Someone_here

Nice work.  I'm saving this for reference.  Smiley Happy

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Really like the new plan options users to really customize their plan according to their needs. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Overall better pricing, will hopefully go lower in the future/with promos, but a least enough to think about talking of PM to people...

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did notice something weird on the pricing, the 3GB ($105/90 days) vs 3GB + 3GB Bonus ($120/90 days) ...(the 3G plans)

Here's the thing, it's not a bonus if you're paying for it.  (which is an extra $15/90 days) 

It's not really a complaint, and I'd never sign for it, I'm just saying that if you're paying extra it's not a bonus. Perhaps just remove that one plan that doesn't include the "bonus"...

@Luddite wrote:

@zhadj030 What town is that? Just in case someone nearby has a spare.

chisasibi, QC

I doupt anyone lives there XD, it is in the middle of nowhere

@zhadj030 What town is that? Just in case someone nearby has a spare.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is great news.  Pricing definitely seems a bit better now (and the $45 promo available to everybody is a great deal too, I'm hoping to pick up a few more referrals with it).  I'm not sure if you necessarily listened to *us*, or listened to your sales numbers over the summer, but either way I'll take it. 🙂

@mimmo

The nearest wow or Walmart is about 5 hours away. Only Bell shops (just 1 shop) is in the village. 

mimmo

@zhadj030 wrote:

Do we know the expiration date . I am thinking about getting my father one of those low data plans but last time I sent him something it took 7 business days to reach him, so I don't want him to receive the sim card once the promo is over , and I don't want to activate a sim now and lose a full week of service he is not using. (One of those remote areas where either Videotron or Rogers won't reach there , only Bell)

Don't forget you can buy sim cards at wow mobile and Walmart so there is no waiting if you don't want to.

@wetcoaster , I did not realise that. I am really getting old 😞 and out of touch)

@zhadj030 wrote:

Do we know the expiration date . I am thinking about getting my father one of those low data plans but last time I sent him something it took 7 business days to reach him, so I don't want him to receive the sim card once the promo is over , and I don't want to activate a sim now and lose a full week of service he is not using. (One of those remote areas where either Videotron or Rogers won't reach there , only Bell)

@zhadj030

My understanding is that only the $45/4GB LTE is considered as promo. The rest is supposedly the new pricing, available for the forseeable future.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is pricing is more inline.

@neoceltic I have been on your plan since it was first available, and have just switched to the new one (well on my next renewal). My rationale:

- global texting

- more data

Now as to 3G vs LTE, I have tested the new 3G and it IS slower. However, for my uses while traveling (gasbuddy, Google maps with navigation, web searches) it was perfectly satifactory. So, for me, it's more service at the same price.

Here are two posts with more info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Share-your-3G-plan-experiences-here-laten... and https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/3G-Plan-on-old-phone/m-p/185974#M1447...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@neoceltic be aware that the differece is that the new 90 day plan is the 3g speed plan npt the full lte plan.  

The 3g speed should be enough based on oricle feedback for basic data needs.

Also not sure if your current plan (you stated old account) is  rewards eligable, if not by switching  o the new plan you will be eligable for loyalty rewards and the other rewards.

marsbar

Hi Bill2,

I had the same question as you 3 months ago, and after going through my first seamless plan change (after having auto-pay turned on) I can verify that you will be auto-renewed at the plan that you are already on.

For example, the plan I signed up for is called Fall 2016 Promo/Offre de l’automne 2016 quoted at a price of $120 for a 90-day plan with [12GB Data/Données 12 Go], [Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International], [Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province].

I signed up for this in June this year (the plan was re-opened for Freedom customers only, so I made that switch). This week, auto-pay and plan auto-renewal happened without any interaction by me with no loss in cell service (even though the website said stuff like plan Expired and plan ended, I never actually lost cell service, the website lies temporarily when processing the renewal and payment).

So TL;DR you will get the same plan and same price at the end of 90-days, unless if you yourself do anything extraordinary like future-date a plan change.

neoceltic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I notice that 90 days with Province wide calling, global text, and 1.5 g of data = $90. I currently pay $90 for the same except for the data (1 g vs 1.5 g). This is a old account. Will the data allocation bbe topped up or do I have the change plans? As soon as I change plans my grandfathered rate will be forfeited. The 1 gig is all I need so I do not want to endanger my current plan rate by changing the plan. Any thoughts?

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

mimmo

@danielj  everything can not be as it once was.  from what i have read from oracles the "3g"  speed is actully not bad for basic web stuff even youtube.   so the new 90 day $90 plan is actually a little better than the old one as you get the global texting  and a little more data.  you will likley not be using data to watch youtube or anything data intensive with only 1gb so 3g should be more than enough bor basic things.

Another option you could do is get a talk and text plan for $73 after autopay and buy the 30$ data addon (which will be at LTE) the cost would be 103$/90 days but if you really dont use data that much the data could actally roll over into your next period as it doen't expire untll used up. If you make the data last 4 months (250mb.month vs 333b) you are basically almost at $30/30 days...  My mom and and another friend do data this way.

Need Help? Let's chat.