cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] My Account Experiencing Issues: Service Not Impacted

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Our systems are now fully operational. New activations and self-serve actions can proceed as usual. We will continue to update you all. Thank you for your patience.

Hello,

We are experiencing unexpected issues with account management and activation portals. The team is working diligently to resolve. Service is not impacted. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide any updates here. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

- Public Mobile Team
14 REPLIES 14

@sdfgte  You can just port out your number and that will close your account but note that the system is fixed and working again now.  Outages happen with other carriers too from time to time!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sdfgte 

If you stick with PM make sure to have autopay turned on to minimize impact during these situations, mine auto renewed last night and my service was not affected. I sympathize with you but outages happen at every carrier from time to time. 

To close the account go to subscription and add-on’s, manage subscription, and then turn off auto pay. This can also be done with 611 if you know your account pin. 

Once a payment isn’t made the account will automatically close in 90 Days.

You can also message support to remove the credit card that is attached to the account. They might also be able to close the account for you right away if you ask. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

If you wish to keep the number and port your number elsewhere that will also close your account automatically once the port is completed. Just know that the PM account must be active in order for you to port the number. 

LauraDB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess you just don't pay the next month? If you're on auto payment, log in to your account and cancel it? 

sdfgte

HOW DO i CANCEL MY ACCOUNT?

Pknr

I had the same issue! I kinda found a work around though. I called *611 and attempted to pay via credit card, however apparently my pin to access PM wasn’t correct ? ( It definitely was correct) After multiple attempts with the same pin issue, I then looked further into what a voucher was since it is 1 of the 2 phone payment options. I went to recharge.com and purchased a “ voucher” they did charge a fee. But I was able to then call *611 and put money on my account! 

Pknr

I had the same issue! I kinda found a work around though. I called *611 and attempted to pay via credit card, however apparently my pin to access PM wasn’t correct ? ( It definitely was correct) After multiple attempts with the same pin issue, I then looked further into what a voucher was since it is 1 of the 2 phone payment options. I went to recharge.com and purchased a “ voucher” they did charge a fee. But I was able to then call *611 and put money on my account! 

sdfgte

What is going on. Nothing on your system is working.

LauraDB

I just got access to the site! I think it's back again! 🙂

sdfgte

This is Unacceptable. I have work. I will be cancelling my account as soon as you are online

LauraDB

Any idea how long this is going to be down?

LauraDB

I'm in a similar boat.... I think my bill payment tried to come out today but my credit card that I have on file needs to be changed, and I can't log in to my account to change it.... 

bpacheco6

My service has been down all morning. I switched to public a month ago guessing something up with payment but can't login to see due to this

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ddawg957 

Are you able to call *611 to see if your account is suspended? 

ddawg957

YES SERVICE IS AFFECTED. My phone hasn’t worked all morning, can’t receive texts, calls don’t work either. Data is down as well. I have important stuff to deal with today and this is the absolute worst day for this to be happening 

Need Help? Let's chat.