Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're working hard to continuously improve our app to enhance your Public Mobile experience. That’s why we’re launching this dedicated post to keep you informed about all the changes and updates - both past and present - that we've made to our app.

You've spoken, and we've listened. Your feedback is invaluable to us and plays a significant role in shaping our journey. We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you.

Important: It's essential to keep your app up-to-date for the latest fixes and improvements. Some updates will be required as they address major issues, ensuring you get the best Public Mobile experience.

Keep an eye on this post as we'll be updating it regularly with the latest app changes and improvements. Whenever there's a new update, check back here to see what's been fixed.

App Updates:

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/23

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest Android 14 and iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we’ll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEI number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like eSIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023

• You can now refresh 'My Account' and other sections just by pulling down on the screen
  • We'll let you know as soon as there's a new app update ready for you in the store.
  • We've ironed out some bugs that were causing crashes for our Android users.
  • We've made it easier to download and install eSIMs.
  • We've enhanced our address lookup feature across the app for a smoother experience

Version 1.1.3: 7/05/2023

• We've implemented several minor enhancements for a faster and smoother app experience.

Version 1.1.2: 6/09/2023

• Improvements to session lengths to reduce the frequency of log-ins. This means you’ll experience fewer disruptions and spend less time logging back in
  • Reduced app crashes

Version 1.1.1: 6/02/2023

• UI updates and fixes for improved customer experience. 

Version 1.1.0: 5/26/2023

• We’ve made a number of small improvements to ensure the app runs faster and more smoothly.

- The Public Mobile Team

135 REPLIES 135

@softech , I’m not sure if the option is still there. It’s been signed on for over 3 weeks! Just seeing how long that lasts. Even after rebooting iPad it’s still signed on, even after internet being off for a few hours then on I open app & it is still signed on! It still refreshes constantly 1st but still signed on!

Edit: To add I don’t use trusted device on any browser & always use private/incognito mode on them.

cool , and thanks for the update

I guess it is good and bad

Good, no need to do anything to "trusted" (btw, is the trusted option still there?)

Bad, some people might not want it as they are just using friend's device. They will have to remember to delete the app and clear cache on the default browser then.

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   is that new? I thought the issue was even "trusted", people needs to login all the time..

@softech , it’s been like this for me since the latest app update.

@LitlLdy   is that new? I thought the issue was even "trusted", people needs to login all the time..

@softech wrote:

Thanks for the update @J_PM 

is the "Trusted devices" issue fixed on iOS app?  The "Trusted" was not working on iOS earlier

thanks

@softech , I don’t use trusted device on my iPad’s Public Mobile app & it stays signed in.

Tomkinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We need a speed boost 

@Karenbelcourt wrote:

I have still not had and answer to my problem and it’s been 4days

@Karenbelcourt are you referring to a ticket you submitted to CSA=Customer Support Agent? If so, respond back to that message you sent and get an update. OR, what is your issue maybe the community here can help (we are customers like you here, fyi).

The only other post you made was attached to someone else' post. You said:

"I will definitely be going to another provider. This is the second time that add on in the states is not working. And I have had 0 help. I’m done"

It sounds like you an an addon issue in the USA? What are the details surrounding this issue? Did you have a ROAMING addon on your account? These are the only ones that will work in the USA. If you did, what other troubleshooting have you tried? Buying back to back of the same roaming addon can cause an issue if purchased too soon. So what all was happening? 

If you are already back from the USA, and need a response back from CSA, then as mentioned earlier, resend a message to your ticket.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the app situation, though the site also needs a ton of work, broken help article links etc.

Karenbelcourt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have still not had and answer to my problem and it’s been 4days

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After sending this message, I'm having real problems logging into my account and into the same community. Instead of accessing my account "message {unauthorized)"
With difficulty, the problem was solved by changing the passport and clearing the cache. Looked like he was punished for posting on the forum. 🙄

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

just fix the horrible loading times.. this is all id like at this point 

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New login very annoying... 😞
Can we have in a option old easy-to-use login?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  Thanks for the update 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update @J_PM 

is the "Trusted devices" issue fixed on iOS app?  The "Trusted" was not working on iOS earlier

thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.