Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s Day 3 of #14DaysOfGiveaways!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

WPM0722_Twitter-Daillies-3.jpg

Can’t wait for the holidays? Neither can we! That’s why we’re giving away awesome goodies every day from December 8 - 21, 2015. Enter for your chance to win a TV, tablet, smartphone, or other great prizes.

There will be a new prize revealed every day!

It’s Day 3 of #14DaysOfGiveaways!

Your Life Hack could win you 1 of 10 iPad Mini 4’s! Find out how click here

55 REPLIES 55

@Sexy_ery wrote:
Hello

Is it me you're looking for?

Sexy_ery
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello

I just looked up the rules for each of the 7 days so far, and for each of them (aside from day 2), winners will be notified by email. For day 2, winners will be notified by Twitter direct message.

@gpech The winners have not been announced yet. The contest rules for each contest state how the winner will be contacted. But I suspect it will be through email (or social media, if that was used for the contest), and not by phone.

If you have voicemail set up, any caller (PM included) will be able to leave you a voicemail if they need you to return the call.

I'm answering on behalf of Jeremy because he's our main community manager right now, and he likely might be caught up addressing customers' service problems, so I figured I'd chip in and give you whatever information I can.

gpech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Jeremy_M,

Just wanted to confirm if the winners were announced? And if so what communication medium was used to get in touch with them.

Also, what happens if a call is missed, how do we get back in touch with public mobile.

Thanks,

Gpech 

@Martin wrote:
Hi 778,

Thanks for the belly laugh. I'm laughing as I type this.

FANTASTIC!

(You should be a skit writer, if you aren't at present!)

Hi @7789849803 ditto for me! Man LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

All the best @MF!

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@7789849803 perfect! 👍✌️🏾️ I just got it in in the nick of time, deleted duplicates, tagged, and hopefully sent to Public Mobile. This time, my picks actually appears under the proper hashtag, so I think it's good.

Thanks

@MF 4 things to keep in mind for the instagram contest:

(1) You must have "@PublicMobile" in the caption.

(2) You must have #14DaysofGiveaways in the caption.

(3) You must follow @PublicMobile.

(4) You can only put up ONE picture. Make sure you delete the extra one.

Here's how to delete photos: https://help.instagram.com/289302621183285

Here's how to edit the caption on a given photo: https://help.instagram.com/1490745927855762

@MF: The Instagram contest (Day 3) is over and done with. You can't do anything about it anymore. I'm sure they've even picked out the winners by now.

EDIT: I just looked it up again. Seems like yesterday's Instagram contest it's open til tomorrow evening. I stand corrected!

@anon: What makes you so sure I'm male?

anon

Hey 7789849803; since your such a funnyman and so knowlegible, maybe you can help out MF. It seems even when someone has experience with some of these social apps; they have trouble applying them to this contest.

MF

Okay, 

I know how to use Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr, and while I have an Instagram account, I don't actually use it on a regular basIs.

Do any instagram regulars know if there Is there any way to check If my lifehack was received  by Public Mobile?

Also, I sent  my entry in twice because I wasn't sure if I sent it properly. I thought I only had till midnight last night and panicked. Does this mean that I've accidentally violated the contest rules?

Finally, I would like to know if it is it possible for me to repost my lifehack to Public Mobile's instagram account with more pictures and a better explanation of my idea. To be clear, I wish to post the same lifehack, but since I have more time than I initially thought, I'd like to revise of the origional post to help with clarification? Would doing so void my entry?

thanks

MF

@Bigmac

I was just thinking the same thing. It specifically states that pictures posted need to be origional in or to qualify for the contest.

I've tried my hand at improv comedy before. And in fact, it's something I'd like to do more of, someday in the future. Life is a bit too hectic right now, though...

Thanks for the appreciation!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Thanks for the belly laugh. I'm laughing as I type this.

FANTASTIC!

(You should be a skit writer, if you aren't at present!)

"Hello. Dollarama? Yes, this is 7789849803.

Yes, that's what I go by. Don't worry, you don't need a name, it's all legit. Anyway - I'm calling to ask about your return policy.

Why don't you accept returns?

Oh, it's for a c-o-l-l-a-n-d-e-r I purchased a few days ago from your store. It doesn't work. I've been wearing it literally everyday, and I've never once traveled intergalactically in this time. I'd like my money back, please, or I'm afraid I'll have to report you to Bob and Sue. And I really don't want to have to do tha..."

*click*

Those rude store clerks, I tell ya. No phone etiquette!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Luddite,

NOW we know the root cause of the problem. Your colander was purchased at Dollarama. The ones, approved by Bob and Sue, are sold only in the best shoppes in Yorkville. The cost may set you back as much as $200, but isn't trouble-free intergalactic travelling worth it?

As for the vist at 4 am local time, it didn't occur. Bob and Sue took offence over how D. Trump was using the word "alien" and paid him a visit.
They're mum regarding what occurred.

FYI.

@7789849803 @Martin I too was embarrased by misspelling that and could only bring myself to respond after meditating to calm myself; in my defense that's what the label at Dollarama said. Guess if I must use double l's I will need switch to cullender, or purchase my colanders at Golda's Kitchen. 

Sincest apologies to Bob & Sue for sleeping through any middle of the night diatribe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anon

Would you not find it unusual, that I've had a Public Mobile account for 4 to 5 yrs and yet this is the first contest I hear about. As well, yesterday, I discovered there has been previous contests. Was there some reason I didn't rate for those other events?

As far as this event goes; I will not download Facebook or Twitter on my PC. Instagram can only be downloaded from the app store or google play and not on a normal PC. Since I can't get a google account I am very limited on what I can do on the phone.

Overall though, the point is one shouldn't have to go through a number of unnecessary hoops to enter a contest. They might not have the technical means or skill set to do so and Public Mobile should not assume otherwise. I keep hearing the point that one doesn't have to enter. If so, then what is the point and again, is this just for the select few?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anon wrote:

Why is it so difficult to understand that some people don't live in a world of facebook, twitter or instagram and whatever else there is out there. I never even heard  the term "lifehack" until today.

I use a real computer and have over 40 yrs experience. However, I never assume that people are up to date on today's world of computers and Public Mobile shouldn't assume people use their phones for only certain functions. Especially, when you consider, there is so much more that a real computer offers.

I'm still really having a hard time with this.  First of all, you can Facebook and Twitter just as well from a comptuer as from a phone, as every computer since about Windows 95 ships with a web browser.  Instagram I know you can view on a computer, though I'm not 100% sure about posting (pretty sure you can, though you couldn't when the site originally launched IIRC).  Thirdly, they're not forcing you to use your phone in any way you're not comfortable with, nor are they forcing you to enter the contest.  They're trying to do something fun, maybe help people try something new that they might not have otherwise. Or just don't enter on that day if you can't or don't want to.  Fourthly, yes computers can still do more, but don't forget that PM is a mobile phone service provider, so of course they have somewhat of an interest in getting you to use your mobile phone--this shouldn't be too far fetched.  But again, you can do all this stuff so far on your computer just as well.  Lastly, assumptions about the skills of their customers--well, this is a virtual service provider with self-serve and email-only support, so they can probably assume you at least know how to use a browser and send an email.  That's about all the skill that's been required so far. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

hey @bseward,

I wish you best of luck.  

Regarding your concern, I just checked.. the "Day 3" page only seems to show 2 pages of posts.  I am sure many more people have entered the contest.  You can check in your instagram that your post has been successfully published.  You can also do a serach from the instagram app with the hashtag and you should see your post in the result.  

bseward
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone help explain this?  I'm very new to instagram--I posted from my instagram account and tagged public mobile and hashtagged the 14daysofgiveaways, but I don't see my entry on "day 3", also, do we need to connect our instagram account to our public mobile account?  Also, when they say they'll contact you by email, do they mean the email address on our public mobile account?  Or the one attached to our instagram account?

I'm hoping to win the tablet for my mom for Christmas, so I just want to make sure I've done everything right 🙂

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 wrote:

Yess.. made my instagram post with just minutes to go.  Good luck to all.  

Good luck to you and I'm still warting for my wife's help about this. Man Very Happy

But I saw some of instagram they posted are copied from "Google Images" which are not good... Robot Mad

🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
LOL with 778!

I have a thing for pasta. And an even bigger thing for colanders. I think they're the coolest things ever. Is that weird for me to say? I don't care Smiley Tongue

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I think you're kidding. Unless you attend a forum in which draining pasta or salads of water is discussed, no one uses "colander". 🙂

Cheers.

imm1304

Yess.. made my instagram post with just minutes to go.  Good luck to all.  

Wow - I'm so embarrassed I'd been misspelling that word this whole time (and not just on this forum)! Thanks for the correction, @Martin!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello @Luddite and @7789849803,

I can tell you one thing about Bob and Sue. Each places a very high premium on correct spelling; it is colander, not collander.

If you are visited by one or both at about 4 am local time for a spelling lesson, don't be surprised.

Need Help? Let's chat.