cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Good Evening, 

You are correct there is a zone you enter where you dont get a signal until you cross 12 miles(approx)  then it connects you. 

-it doesnt matter ive tried all phones including Note9 

-What I found interesting it will bounce between T-Mobile and AT&T, but prefered network AT&T

-LTE+ i get 150MBPS Blu Vivo xi+ (more than I can ask for) 

-But, When heading North Bound it stays Roaming until you cross into canada for a mile. 

For people who lives near the border. You got lots of options which network to connect to.

My advice: Go into Network Settings on your phone and Dont let it select automatically the network. Select Manually. 

All phones are designed to connect to a network that has a better reception. Especially when you have a roaming option included in your plan. 

Ask me if you need more help. 

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

How much are you paying monthly? 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@torontokris wrote:

Still hoping waiting for a 4+1GB version of this for maybe $40?

Would tempt me to leave Fall 2016 Promo plan

That would be good but why would they offer it for $40 if people are willng to pay $60? If would be good if all plans included U.S. calling and roaming but then people would also say they shouldn't need to pay for features they don't need.

I am not willing to pay $60 (others have said the same)  and I don't use that much data. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile as of today and I have to say I'm impressed with how easy it is to manage my account via the website. Porting in my old number took less than an hour from when I put the request in and everything is working flawlessly.

I was with Fido and while I was not unhappy with them, I started traveling a lot for work to the United States and last month, I traveled for 14 days and Fido charged me $98 + tax in roaming fees ($7 a day).

This plan represents far better value. I am not a heavy data user so 2 GB USA roaming data and 8.5 GB home data with Autopay enabled is more than enough for me. Plus a $2 a month discount for Autopay. And the real bonus is I am not paying a daily rate for roaming.

Add on unlimited calling and international text from both Canada and the United States which I need, this is by far the best value plan I have come across. I looked at every provider and no-one else came close.

I had an added bonus of a $20 credit added to my account and a free sim card as I signed up at the airport so I used $15 of that to buy the 400 minute long distance / international minute add on and I have everything I need. I know this add on can only be used in Canada but it is great the minutes do not expire as long as the account is active.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@montrealroamer wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile as of today and I have to say I'm impressed with how easy it is to manage my account via the website. Porting in my old number took less than an hour from when I put the request in and everything is working flawlessly.

I was with Fido and while I was not unhappy with them, I started traveling a lot for work to the United States and last month, I traveled for 14 days and Fido charged me $98 + tax in roaming fees ($7 a day).

This plan represents far better value. I am not a heavy data user so 2 GB USA roaming data and 8.5 GB home data with Autopay enabled is more than enough for me. Plus a $2 a month discount for Autopay. And the real bonus is I am not paying a daily rate for roaming.

Add on unlimited calling and international text from both Canada and the United States which I need, this is by far the best value plan I have come across. I looked at every provider and no-one else came close.

I had an added bonus of a $20 credit added to my account and a free sim card as I signed up at the airport so I used $15 of that to buy the 400 minute long distance / international minute add on and I have everything I need. I know this add on can only be used in Canada but it is great the minutes do not expire as long as the account is active.

Since the plan includes Canada & USA long distance I am guessing you bought the long distance add on to call the included international countries

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey torontokris,

Correct, I bought the it for international calls covered by the add on. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

2 questions about this plan

Can I CallFwd my number to a US number?

Does the $15 international LD add-on work while in the US? 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

2 questions about this plan

Can I CallFwd my number to a US number?

Does the $15 international LD add-on work while in the US? 

@smp99 

If you have the plan then test it out. There are several anomalies around here that they say one thing but in reality it does another.

I think officially, no forwarding to a US number regardless of having the 50 or 60 plan let alone having the 200 or 400 add-on.

I think officially while in the US you can only call the US and Canada regardless of other add-ons.

I believe the only way around that is to use Fongo, other discussion forms did suggest that idea. 

I just started using this plan when I arrived in the US on August 13.  It works well. So far so good.