Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

Great information that's why I always says we have a great mods team always get quick replies when we need help
Thx @MarieHelene_L
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No problem @mtfolks, my pleasure 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mtfolks

Excellent! Thanks for the info and the quick response!

MarieHelene_L

Hey @mtfolks

Thanks for these great questions! I'll make sure to clarify that for you. 

1) There is no fixed end date yet so we suggest you take advantage of the promo as soon as possible!

2) You can simply enter your self-serve account, click the 'Plan and add-ons' tab and then 'Change plan'. Once you get there, select the options you would like to have (in that case - 90 day pass, unlimited provincial talk, unlimited international text and no data). Once your selection is made, simply scroll down and click 'Change plan on next renewal date' and voilà!

And yes, even if your plan renews once the promo is over, you will still get the promo price! As long as you schedule the change before the promo ends. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mtfolks

Actually kind of wish this promo had been available when I switched from Rogers a month ago. Ended up going with the 1GB which is still a decent deal.

Two questions...

1.) When is the end date of the promo...? And,

2.) How does one go about future dating the promo if I wanted to do that? 

Thanks in advance for the help. A month in and really liking PM. 

@jt17g
It is a great plan true Canada wide would be great promo let's see maybe in summer back to school time or Christmas time I personally think those are the 2 times every company offer the best deals so let's wait and watch for future deals 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice plan!

It will be great if there's an option to upgrade to canada-wide talk for promo plan in the future

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shartomjam wrote:

@Cmarston

As long as you continue to renew your plan, it will remain the same.  If you decide to switch to another plan, this plan will no longer be available to you.  

Public Mobile does not have phone support - it is all done through this community.  If you have any questions, you can post them and get answers from the very knowledgeable members and mods.  You can also private message the mods with questions or issues.  

@Cmarston the above is right on the money.  (Great work, @shartomjam!).  Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will do our best to adress them for you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shartomjam

@Cmarston

As long as you continue to renew your plan, it will remain the same.  If you decide to switch to another plan, this plan will no longer be available to you.  

Public Mobile does not have phone support - it is all done through this community.  If you have any questions, you can post them and get answers from the very knowledgeable members and mods.  You can also private message the mods with questions or issues.  

Cmarston
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I may be interested in this new plan.  If I subscribe to the 90 day plan at $25 per month, what happens after 90 days?  Can I renew the same plan or does another rate apply.

Is there a phone number I can call to ask questions?

Shouldn't be issue I am gonna add a line too same credit card but will make a new username n account then use my active number as a referral I don't see why that won't work since it's gonna be on different email address but under same name

DvAbCanEh

Thx on the 3 accounts reply.

I'm hoping when I set up a new 2nd account I will receive the "Refer a Friend" rewards credited to my active 1st personal account.

Any comments on this?

Ordered my SIM card today (Apr 4) hope it arrives before Good Friday. 

ryanwoo

@srlawren wrote:

@DvAbCanEh one note to @Samianauman's reply:

- there seems to be a limit of about 2 accounts (phone numbers) per one credit card;  some people have had success with more, but the general concensus is 2

I have no problem to have 3 accounts under one credit card and didn't know the limit either.

Welcome to the best public community
@DvAbCanEh

DvAbCanEh

Thx, that covers my questions well. Since I will be setting up the second account, I will definitely input my own PM phone number for the rewards.

Great community here

MarieHelene_L

Hey @DvAbCanEh,

Thanks for these great questions! I'll be glad to clarify all of this. 

- This promotion doesn't have a fixed end date yet, so we recommend taking advantage of it as soon as possible! 

- You can get a 1$ reward per 30-day period or 3$ reward per 90-day period, but your friend has to enter your phone number in the reference field while activating. If your friend forgets, you will not get the reward!

- Yes you can use the same credit card for both accounts Smiley Happy

- And yes, unlimited text messaging does include MMS too! Just make sure you have data enable on your phone. 

Let us know if you have any other questions, 

Marie

@srlawren thx bro for updating me as well I thought u can add another line on same account or if a want to use refer a friend option thx

srlawren

@DvAbCanEh one note to @Samianauman's reply:

- there seems to be a limit of about 2 accounts (phone numbers) per one credit card;  some people have had success with more, but the general concensus is 2

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No time frame provided
2nd if u bring others u get 1 dollar off for 30 days plan and 3 dollars off on 90 Days plan but as long they keep their service
3rd u can same credit card but account has been to separate
4rd unlimited global includes texting n mms unlimited

DvAbCanEh

Just what I have been looking for and looking to set up a grandson with a new account.

A few questions first:

What is the time frame to get in on this deal done?

Will I get rewards for bringing a new user to PM?

Can I use the same credit card for separate accounts?

Does "Unlimited Global Text" include pictures and videos?

Thx for any answers Heart

pckku

Normally that's the case that as long as you keep the same plan, you are pretty much protected. However, recently it shows PM can still raise the grandfathered plan fees, if they deem necessary. Please refer to the post titled "Effective April 1, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans" posted on ‎02-15-2017 09:43 AM

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, you absolutely can.

Here's the deal if you keep the plan for 25 dollars unlimted talk and text it will stay like that since it's a base promo plan at the same time you have a option to add on like if u you want data u.s roaming or nationwide minutes u can those those as your desire plan won't get effected as long you keep the base plan as is
Hope that info will help you

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brobinson5662 wrote:

If you sign up on this promo plan does the price expire after some time? If it does, how long would you have with the plan?

I believe you can keep it indefinitely.

Keep the base plan but u can always add any add on

brobinson5662

That is great news, thanks for the answer.

In this case, would 'changes' apply to the entire plan, or just the talk and text portion?

IE - if you change the data plan and the promotion is not running will you lose the promo rate; or, if you apply and Add-Ons will you lose the promo rate?

As long u won't make any changes plan will stay the way u got it so it's a permanent plan as long u keep it as is

brobinson5662

If you sign up on this promo plan does the price expire after some time? If it does, how long would you have with the plan?

firstdataplan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great plan... still waiting for the data plan promotion.

SD08

@Myra wrote:
Someone can help.me ive lost my old sim card and i bought the new one but before to activate the sim card need to pay first but my plan is 120 and my next payment will be on may 20 and i want to have my old number
Please help me

@Myra

If you are already on an active plan, there is no need to make a payment or change plans in order to replace a lost SIM card.  When you get a new SIM, you should simply log into your PM self-serve account and go to Plan & Add-on -> Change SIM.  Then enter the number printed on your new SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.