Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Being that my 90 days are almost up, looks like I'll have to do a double port to get this plan. Getting tired of these targetted promos.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Is this regular LTE speed or 3G speed

MCWC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Instructions say to select the 500MB data option but it doesn't seem to be an option under the plan section? Does the 500MB option show when you are actually going through the activation?

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hate to loose my referal bonus, and restart my loyalty bonus... but it may be worth the trouble of getting a FM account, just to port over.

right now I'm on the $165/90 promo, and get $6 off for referalls... but if I ditch this account, and port over a FM account, i'll be saving 165-126=$39. Obviously the savings are much greater than my referal bonuses.. but I'd be pissed if a few months later they gave existing customers a similar promo...

Decisions decisions...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I've enjoyed a good game of hoops 🙂

jchlo

This is $2/month more compared to the last promo.

Better than nothing.

Hoops are the fun part of PM's approach to garnering business! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@yyolaw Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Be calm, polite, and hopeful.

SD08

@Luddite wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

This is much more the kind of plan people expect from PM.  I just wish it were open to all customers, not targeted.  Still, it'll probably be popular enough to cause some assistance backlog, like the last Freedom-targeted promo.

@SD08 As with many things at PM there is a workaround. See my post.

@Luddite

Yeah, I know.  I'm just saying, current PM customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it, just like last time.

Rustynayl

@yyolaw wrote:

I was a Freedom Customer and only switched to PM last saturday.. any chance I can get the deal? I'm honestly super disappointed this happened right after I switched cause I missed the last one 😞

PM May honor the promo to you. Just PM one of the mods. If it was like a month ago you'd probably SOL, but if it was only a few days ago you'll probably be safe.

@Rustynayl wrote:

Previously, folks not on Freedom got an account there, and then activated a new PM account porting in the FM number. Once done, they port-in their preferred number from whichever carrier has it. 

have a Freeedom account to access this promo; it can be any account type. The promo end date will be announced a few days before the drop dead date.

I assume that we will loose any referal bonuses, since we are essentially dropping our old PM account for a new one, correct?

@Rustynayl That is correct.

@SD08 wrote:

This is much more the kind of plan people expect from PM.  I just wish it were open to all customers, not targeted.  Still, it'll probably be popular enough to cause some assistance backlog, like the last Freedom-targeted promo.

@SD08 As with many things at PM there is a workaround. See my post.

SD08

@Rustynayl wrote:

I assume that we will loose any referal bonuses, since we are essentially dropping our old PM account for a new one, correct?

@Rustynayl

That's right.

yyolaw

I was a Freedom Customer and only switched to PM last saturday.. any chance I can get the deal? I'm honestly super disappointed this happened right after I switched cause I missed the last one 😞

Rustynayl

Previously, folks not on Freedom got an account there, and then activated a new PM account porting in the FM number. Once done, they port-in their preferred number from whichever carrier has it. 

have a Freeedom account to access this promo; it can be any account type. The promo end date will be announced a few days before the drop dead date.

@RLBL wrote:

@xCameron94x wrote:

It is a promo, but it is another targeted promo in a way

Yeah.. I wonder how one would go about getting it if they are already a PM customer and are tied to their number...

For someone with another provider, anyone can get it (even if not currently a FM customer)

@RLBL You MUST have a Freeedom account to access this promo; it can be any account type. The promo end date will be announced a few days before the drop dead date.

Rustynayl

Really wish I could get in on this, as I pay $165 for the exact same thing.. 😞

At the very least, I can get my wife on board who's paying about the same amount on Freedom. 

SD08

Rockdaddy22
Just exclude Telus or Koodo customers then.

RLBL

I would think it is targetted as to not have a neutral market share increase (e.g. people coming from Koodo or Telus).

I would have hoped that if that was the case, it would be open to anyone coming from a list of competitors, and not just 1.

Rockdaddy22
I wish it wasn't targeted, but I'm very happy nonetheless 🙂 Thank you @Jeremy_M

RLBL

@xCameron94x wrote:

Yeah.. I wonder how one would go about getting it if they are already a PM customer and are tied to their number...

For someone with another provider, anyone can get it (even if not currently a FM customer)

@Jeremy_M
Any expiry date for this plan. ?
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Great to see another promo. Wel done pm. No doubt it is a Canada best cell network.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.