cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My youngest memory at Christmas time when I was 5 or 6 years of age sitting around the kitchen table with my mom ,helping her make Robbie pie cuz that's what we all had for Christmas dinner and that year my dad gave me a Star Trek Enterprise spaceship that spun around and around and around in the middle of room on a Wire and Im peeling potatoes whiĺe my brothers played outside and my older sisters played cards.

e

Sebastian05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favourite holiday memorie was back in 2000, where we were entering the new millennium. I was 15 y/o and I remember been with my younger sister and brother ages 4 and 6, my parents used to work really hard to give us a decent live and I remember spending my Christmas Eve decorating and setting up the table (basically just panettone, some cookies and spirit drinks) si my parents can enjoy when they came back home. Midnight passed and my excitement became in anxiousness as they were not showing up, I remembered I hold my siblings hands and took them for a walk to the backyard so they won’t fall asleep before our parents came back, they were behind 20 minutes but yet was the happiest and most memorable Christmas in my life.

FAUJ2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A Holiday memory is when you can travel and get some sun away from snowy  Canada! Hopefully next year!

jerrysmlee

My favorite holiday memory is opening my presents from my kids!

byronleet

Favorite Christmas memory is playing board games with my cousins until the break of dawn!

amy303

Hey PM! My favourite holiday memory is baking cake for the holidays and seeing everyone's faces, especially those who normally live far away!🎄

_Daniel_

The christmas after I purchased my first home was extra sweet!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I remember hoping for a white Christmas, it rarely snows in December here, and we ended up getting the largest blizzard in about 50 years, had to go and help dig my grandparents out of their house.

Dancaron

Favourite memories are of the kids on Christmas morning and the excitement on their faces. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Decorating the Christmas tree and spending time with family! Some have passed on but the great memories are still there. 

kristen16

Spending Christmas in Florida with the fam!

april_h30

I love how Public Mobile is very generous towards its members. They are leading the industry ( in my opinion) on what phone service providers should do for their customers.

I enjoy sitting in front of the fireplace and spending time with family. That is the true meaning of Christmas. 🎄

kennycrowshaw

My favourite memory was from a couple years ago when we got a foot of snow on Christmas Day.  It was nice to be storm stayed at home and enjoy a very white Christmas.

ighsaw

I like watching the old Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer:)

sushi19

My favourite holiday memory is everyone getting together on Christmas day and eating dinner, watching movies, playing games like Santa Steal, and just enjoying the moment. Things will be different this year but doing it through Zoom so still fun fun fun :).

sophyc

Going to the carols in London, Watching love actually & eating mince pies are my favourite holiday memories!

jrm99

favorite holiday movie!

hands down The Grinch 

Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors and does not disappoint!

denigrieve

My favourite holiday memory is having our now son-in-law gather the whole family at their house on Christmas Eve so that he could formally ask our daughter to marry him. It was wonderful and touching to be included in this special moment. 

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wish I can win, that will be my great memory. also I do enjoy free gift each year. thank you

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The great public mobile memory is getting free holiday gift from PM every year. go PM!

mikerz
Favourite holiday memory is when many years ago, I did Christmas Brunch with my brother after our parents left on vacation, leaving us both alone! We didn't know what to do with ourselves and felt alone, and we managed to find a restaurant that was open during Christmas Day.

Foxylady

I think the best Christmas was when I watched The Christmas Story movie for the first time with my girlfriend.  Hilarious!

PS60

My all time favourite  Christmas memory is going to my in-laws in a major snowstorm driving a Hyundai Pony( this is over 30 years ago)....the snow was so high and visibility was pretty much nil...our little car went through banks and drifts of snow that even the snow plow wouldn’t attempt and they were all pulled off the road due to winter conditions. That little car got us there safe and sound and we were the only ones to get there to spend Christmas with my wife’s parents!

JS56

WOW...WTG Public Mobile..what an awesome holiday giveaway...nice to see a company giving back to their members.

My greatest Christmas memory is of our son, when he was just a young child.  Our son loved Santa...I mean LOVED Santa...it all started with his first pair of Santa pj’s when he was just a baby.  As he grew,  the pj’s did not, and it seemed every year I was out looking for Santa pj’s to fit him.  Fast forward 30 years, and now he is a very slim man, about 5”8 ...and “no” he no longer wears Santa pj’s but those memories of him growing up and having to be in full costume, from the pj’s, wig, beard, glasses, hat and boots along with the red velvet bag for gifts will always stay with me...he was so proud to deliver the gifts to family and friends and took such great pride in his deep “Ho-Ho” at every door he knocked on...he also loved to dance in his full attire to all the Christmas music we played...I will always remember those years of him playing Santa, and to this day my family and friends reminisce each Christmas with this story.....

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)

There is a second contest to win Amazon gift cards.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email

@Mdiec wrote:

Hello, I would like to find out how to register for the contest

Yes, read PAGE 1 - POST 1.

AE_Collector

Mdiec

Hello, I would like to find out how to register for the contest

Profbob

Hi!
I have a similar memory, but I grew up in Toronto and we had to wear green garbage bag "leggings" and another one as a "vest" in order to keep the dampness out! We made up a tobogganing challenge, too - go down the hill standing up!  How the heck we survived our childhood, I don't know: - )

stse05

My most memorable holiday memory was our friend’s destination wedding in Cancun during Christmas time.  Our departure flight was delayed by 3 hrs and then a mad dash to the gate for the connecting flight in the US, and finally our luggages were lost.  Luckily the luggage’s arrived at the resort a day later.  We attended a beautiful wedding and enjoyed our Christmas in Cancun.

Need Help? Let's chat.