Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes are coming to the Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We hope you’re all enjoying a great Holiday season. 

As we get closer to ringing in the new year, we’re excited to share some big news with everyone.

From January 4 - 7, 2022 the Community will go through some changes to bring our beloved support platform to new heights! Our members have waited some time to see our Community evolve, and we’re very excited to launch and share our new Community with you all very soon. 

Heads up: You may experience odd updates on the platform during this time, but don’t worry, we’re just moving things into place for the grand reveal. 

Community Maintenance 

January 4, 2022 12:00am ET - January 4, 2022 9:30am ET, customers will be unable to sign into their Community account during this time. 

• You won’t be able to submit a ticket, as the community will be under maintenance 
  • You can still search and browse existing posts in the Community

Email & Real Time Notifications Disabled: Jan 4 - 7 

From January 4 - 7, 2022 all email and real time notifications from Community will be disabled. You will receive an SMS notification (instead of an email) for new private messages from a Customer Support Agent (responses from a CS_Agent).

- Important: If you need to submit a ticket and are unable to receive an SMS, please make sure you check your private messages periodically or you can also provide the CSA with a temporary number, to receive your SMS notifications. 

• Email and real time notifications will proceed back on January 7, SMS will only be used from Jan 4 -7.  

We will return with another announcement to welcome and introduce you all to our new Community.

Thank you for all the support and feedback over this past year. We’ve heard many of your suggestions regarding ways to make our Community even better, and could not have done it without you!

Thank you 

- Public Mobile Team  

93 REPLIES 93

@computergeek541 wrote:

There's no way to know if there are new messages. As it is now, you'll pretty much have to randomly open threads to check. Members aren't going to to that.  I can only hope that the updates aren't yet complete.

I have started to get the indicator for new messages. Clicking it takes me to the topic.

AE_Collector

@esjliv wrote:

@softech wrote:

and they have less categories now : phone, announcement,  lounge, get help

@softech I noticed that...I wonder if others are just not populated yet? 🤔

That's the complete list of categories. There won't be any additional ones.

There's no way to know if there are new messages. As it is now, you'll pretty much have to randomly open threads to check. Members aren't going to to that.  I can only hope that the updates aren't yet complete.

And… we’re back. I sort of liked the machine code. I thought I may find my lost referral reward in there somewhere!

AE_Collector

F0E3E407-6463-4FB9-8A5D-38811C74C4F9.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

ok.. and if you clicked replied on precious replies,  it will jammed the replies in between.. check my replies on @esjliv about categories.. it was after @Anonymous  reply but it inserted in between..  confusing.. no good

@esjliv , less  categories, less work for Oracles to move threads around.. too bad the Lounge still here . LoL

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Woah this is different,

ok.. I changed my avatar too

so, the reply us just Quick Reply only?? used to be two choices 

And clicking on the notification  bring to the first post of that thread,  not the last... no good

Anonymous
Not applicable

Years ago Oracle stonechucker caused a change in the colours of the quoted text. I think it's back. Visually impaired people may find it difficult to read or distinguish as quoted text.

@softech wrote:

@softech I noticed that...I wonder if others are just not populated yet? 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

@Anonymous  - I like the Avatar.

Are there new ones to choose from - Cool!?

Just a new-to-me small set. I like purple. I haven't come across anything else. I'm so far missing the All Posts or Latest Posts link. I had it saved as a bookmark .. so it's still there. But I'm not liking it not being there. Interesting that some bravo information is live. But not the authors leaderboard.

@Anonymous  - I like the Avatar.

Are there new ones to choose from - Cool!?

HEY, editing again...x3 and it is noted and recorded. Just testing this now. I likely.

Edit x4. Ok, seems to only track the 1st time of the post and the very last edit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And a new small set of avatars. And a replied to!! That's great. And the quote button there. Someone can check mobile. I'll look for edit.

Edit: And an edit indicator!! Ok so far so good. It would still be some nice etiquette to show what you did though. But at least we'd all know you edited something.

@softech wrote:

first hour when the Community is back (able to reply) , there was no change.. at 10am, we see slight change.. an notification is gone.. is it gone for good or just temporary?

@softech  - temporary.

Oh, to watch the transition! 🙂

first hour when the Community is back (able to reply) , there was no change.. at 10am, we see slight change.. an notification is gone.. is it gone for good or just temporary?

Love that they are finally using "Heads Up" in the Community Front page, but they should make it Bold or color it to get the attention.  Let's hope they will keep using this for System issues

svarshn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awsome!! waiting to see new changes. Happy New Year!!

....and Elvis has left the building.

Anonymous
Not applicable

G'night everybody. See you in the new world of the race to copy/paste contact CSA's in perpetuity...if that. Savour the December reward when it arrives.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

See you all tomorrow morning...

See everyone again in 9.5 hours.  Hopefully, these changes make the site easier to navigate.

Best wishes on the roll out public mobile!

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous it was a joke.  I'll try the funny kind next time.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Curious to see what will change!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : Um...no. Not until midnight ET tonight up to 9:30am ET tomorrow and then in some settling down period until the 7th.

rossputin

Are we there yet?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Tomorrow is the start of the Community 'brownout' period.

All for the better I hope. But hey, nothing is going to be perfect, and you cannot please everybody.

But improvements mostly happen with change; so, here is to going forward in a positive direction.

I see no mention about the Self Serve accounts being down during this period. So I presume these will not be affected?

I still took screenshots of my accounts today....just to be safe. 😜

darkomega

Hoping the new forums are easier to navigate on mobile devices.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Looking forward to seeing the new community forums! 

Need Help? Let's chat.