cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED - Start Your Consoles: Power Up for our Video Game Day Contest!

Steph_B
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

P2300_PUBLICMOBILE_Banner_VideoGames_DESIGN_V2A_Apr27.png

Did you know that Video Game Day is this Sunday? It’s the day we celebrate all the magical places and characters we’ve come to know and love through video games. What would your childhood have been like without Mario and Luigi? How would you have learned problem-solving skills if you never had to blow the dust out of your Nintendo in just the right way to get it to work? And, how would you kick back and relax after work if it wasn’t for World of Warcraft and Call of Duty? So put down whatever you’re doing, get gaming, and check out these fun facts that will level up your gaming knowledge:

1. The classic Goldeneye 007 for N64 had only nine developers on the team. Eight of them had never worked on a video game before. Talk about nailing it on the first time around.
  2. The total game playtime of Call of Duty is over 25 billion hours. That’s longer than humans have existed. Mind blown.
  3. There is a secret hiding spot in Pacman where the ghosts will never eat you. Game hacks for the win! Check out the cheat in action HERE.
  4. In the original version of Donkey Kong, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber. A carpenter who jumps on goombas and rides on dinosaurs? That makes no sense.
  5. Grand Theft Auto V’s playing map is larger than Manhattan and the game cost $137 million dollars to develop. You read that right, 137 MILLION DOLLARS. That’s makes it one of the most expensive video games ever created.

How are you going to celebrate? Here’s a suggestion; why not be a couch potato and binge your new favorite game? Or maybe that new game you want is out, but too expensive? Good news! We’re doing a little contest here at Public Mobile. Comment below with what you think is the best video game of all time by Friday, July 13th  at 12:00PM EST and three winners will be randomly selected to win a $50 gift card to EB Games. Game on!

Spoiler

Public Mobile Video Game Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share the name of their favourite video game on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted. In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs July 6 to July 13, 2018 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

EB Games $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile or cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about July 13 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

3. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
81 REPLIES 81

joesugarman27

Legend and of Zelda

amanbil123

Paper Boy for the NES.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

and now with my kid he has me getting hooked on FortNite.

Stay away from this one! Smiley LOL

@LEGO wrote:

Duck Hunt (Super Nintendo) my first shooter game and then… I evolved! Woman Wink

Nice choice.  Great minds think alike.  Smiley Happy

Ahh the evolution of gaming.  As a kid it was Pitfall on the Atari 2600 Image result for Pitfall Atari 2600, Goldeneye 007 on N64 is AWESOME Image result for Goldeneye N64, then onto some PC games. Image result for Renegade Computer game Of course COD4 for me Image result for CoD4 and now with my kid he has me getting hooked on FortNite.

Image result for fortnite

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

capnNorthAMERCA

The classic Goldeneye 007 for N64

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Duck Hunt (Super Nintendo) my first shooter game and then… I evolved! Woman Wink

youbme

Mario kart!

@will13am, it was a tough call with duck hunt...definitely awesome 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My vote goes to duck hunt.  It is a great blast from the past, no pun intended.  It can be enjoyed by anyone of all ages and doesn't require a $1000 graphics card to run properly.  Why compete with the crypto currency miners for hardware? 

If I get a second choice, pong.  Mindless entrainment, time well wasted.  

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I will most likely celebrate Video Game day by playing Battlefield 4 for a couple of hours at night. I have been playing since it was released almost 5 years ago! LOL. You can never get bored of online multiplayer!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hands down... CHRONO TRIGGER

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My all time favorite video game is "Final Fantasy III" for Super Nintendo (The US version of Final Fantasy VI in Japan).

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

My favourite video game was Jupiter Lander, which I played the day my Mom won a Commodore VIC-20 from the local AM radio station!

It was also the first video game I ever played.

closng

Super Smash Brothers 🙂

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Many good childhood memories from that game 😊

vogelhut

For best game of all time I'd probably have to say the Half Life series (can't pick just one), mostly for the impact it's had on the gaming industry as a whole.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo.

MacMe

Oooh awesome! I probably put a lot of hours into GTA 4, but favourite game would be GTA 3.  It was so different from any game I've played before, so it's at the top of my list.

meocon

Super Mario Bros. I love that game since 5 yrs old until now 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

My all time favorite video game is NHL. I have been playing that since NHL11 untill the current NHL18. I am pretty good at it so bring it on if you wanna vers on xbox Smiley Wink

Another favorite that I play every year is Call Of duty. Black Ops series by far are my favorite. 

I can't wait for the upcoming NHL 19 and CoD BO4 🙂

Good luck everyone! 

CalvinW

Magika.

Need Help? Let's chat.