cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED - Start Your Consoles: Power Up for our Video Game Day Contest!

Steph_B
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

P2300_PUBLICMOBILE_Banner_VideoGames_DESIGN_V2A_Apr27.png

Did you know that Video Game Day is this Sunday? It’s the day we celebrate all the magical places and characters we’ve come to know and love through video games. What would your childhood have been like without Mario and Luigi? How would you have learned problem-solving skills if you never had to blow the dust out of your Nintendo in just the right way to get it to work? And, how would you kick back and relax after work if it wasn’t for World of Warcraft and Call of Duty? So put down whatever you’re doing, get gaming, and check out these fun facts that will level up your gaming knowledge:

1. The classic Goldeneye 007 for N64 had only nine developers on the team. Eight of them had never worked on a video game before. Talk about nailing it on the first time around.
  2. The total game playtime of Call of Duty is over 25 billion hours. That’s longer than humans have existed. Mind blown.
  3. There is a secret hiding spot in Pacman where the ghosts will never eat you. Game hacks for the win! Check out the cheat in action HERE.
  4. In the original version of Donkey Kong, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber. A carpenter who jumps on goombas and rides on dinosaurs? That makes no sense.
  5. Grand Theft Auto V’s playing map is larger than Manhattan and the game cost $137 million dollars to develop. You read that right, 137 MILLION DOLLARS. That’s makes it one of the most expensive video games ever created.

How are you going to celebrate? Here’s a suggestion; why not be a couch potato and binge your new favorite game? Or maybe that new game you want is out, but too expensive? Good news! We’re doing a little contest here at Public Mobile. Comment below with what you think is the best video game of all time by Friday, July 13th  at 12:00PM EST and three winners will be randomly selected to win a $50 gift card to EB Games. Game on!

Spoiler

Public Mobile Video Game Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share the name of their favourite video game on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted. In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs July 6 to July 13, 2018 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

EB Games $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile or cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about July 13 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

3. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
81 REPLIES 81

Overcooked sounds like a cooking game! LOL Robot LOL  Congrats to the winners!

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to the 3 lucky winners! Enjoy your prize and discover some more awesome video games! Smiley Very Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congratulations to the winners.  Smiley Happy

It was interesting to see the diverse range of games named in this walk down memory lane.

Congrats 🙂

ebonfire = Overcooked

anya = Serious Sam

joesugarman27 = Legend of Zelda

@Steph_Byou forgot to mention the games

Its all about the games

Haha

Cat LOL

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats @ebonfire@anya, and @joesugarman27.  

Hopefully we get mroe contests like this in the future.  Have to be honest this was fun, seeing all the different old school games that I forgot about.  Brought back some good memories, lol.

Steph_B

WINNER GAGNANT! Congratulations to contest winners @ebonfire@anya & @joesugarman27

Steph_B

Hello fellow gamers! @stonechucker you are correct! @daredogg & @JL9 - we are just verifying the winners email addresses from the draw on Friday and will be announcing the winners shortly! Stay tuned 🙂 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

So, who are the winners @Steph_B? Many are anxious to know! Robot surprised

The draw was to happen at some point this past Friday afternoon.  Probably trying to verify email addresses be for announcing winners.

Is there another thread with the winners?

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Suprisingly this hasn't been mentioned yet as far as I can see, but I vote Minecraft. I've played it for several years now (Since late Alpha iirc), and continue to enjoy it still. I'm actually waiting on the 1.13 update at the end of July right now.

TimGj

All of the Uncharted games!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

LOL wow a lot of nostalgia in reading these games. Bring back arcades in malls 😂🤣

rehii

TIE Fighter for PC - nothing better than blasting rebel scum!

dna2016

Ohhhhh wowwwwwww, this is a nice contest.  Problem is there are too many games to choose from. I was a big Genesis guy so here's a few:

Golden Axe

Shinobi

Sonic The Hedgehog

Joe Montana Football

Oh the memories Smiley Very Happy

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@atashi-chan wrote:

Ragnarok Online. God knows how many countless hours I wasted my life on that game. 😞

On console, it would have to be Little Big Planet or old school Super Mario 64, I like platformer games haha.

Bravo given for Little Big Planet 🙂

atashi-chan

Ragnarok Online. God knows how many countless hours I wasted my life on that game. 😞

On console, it would have to be Little Big Planet or old school Super Mario 64, I like platformer games haha.

datasunny

Contra or super mario world on SNES

DL00

Age of Empires.

rsa

Mass Effect 2!

and mario kart on n64

ebonfire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Overcooked! Amazing party game that my friends and I are all obsessed with. Can't wait for the second one to come out in August 🙂 

Dirks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favourite game of all time is Last of Us. Such an amazing story that gets so emotionally involved with the characters. Can't wait for Last of Us2. 

pakmode

Mortal Kombat 2

Jonavin

Dating myself but some of my favourites:

Space Quest from Sierra Online

Puzzle Bobble

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Splatoon 2

Jorno

@Steph_B, thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

My additions to Nintendo games already provided:

Bubble Bobble - such a catchy tune

River City Ransom - pick up your enemies and use them as weapons

Excitebike - extra fun with the Game Genie

Contra - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start - because gaming is more fun with family or friends (and bonus lives) 🙂

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Super Mario Bros by Nintendo (NES).

This game never gets old Smiley Very Happy

matbasm

Always liked Mario Cart (Double Dash) on GameCube.

julesverne

Best Video game:  The Last of Us (PS3 and 4). Excellent story, Excellent characters. Really draws you in.

Andrew

slpless

For me, Forza motorsport and horizon series.

Easy control, not stressful, a lot of trophies. Great graphics. I enjoyed collecting beautiful cars. I used to collect die cast cars, but collecting cars within a computer games was more fun and virually unlimited!

a1_gaurav

My favourite game is Need for Speed (NFS). The thrill of driving the hot machines is superb ..even in virtual

Need Help? Let's chat.