cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Guac On! National Guacamole Day is Around the Corner.

@NDesai wrote:

I don't think i have ever tried Guacamole. Come on people, give some recipe instead of recommending restaurant Smiley Happy

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14231/guacamole/ . it's got great reviews Smiley Happy

Better yet,  we should all go and buy some presidents choice guacamole Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo_L wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I don't think i have ever tried Guacamole. Come on people, give some recipe instead of recommending restaurant Smiley Happy

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14231/guacamole/ . it's got great reviews Smiley Happy

Better yet,  we should all go and buy some presidents choice guacamole Smiley Happy

There are lots of ways to make guacamole... But IMHO, cumin is the "secret" to bring out the flavours and if you like onion, go with green onion instead.

And for those buying it at the grocery store... Sorry, you haven't had real guacamole.

Oracle

@NDesai wrote:

The customer base is so lacking in culinary and other creativity.  They are trying to steal my recipe!  You can maybe start by going to the local Chipotle.  Bring the antacid and a stomach pump just in case.  Smiley Tongue

Oracle

@mimmo_L wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I will go buy some PC guacamole if I can win some prize money to pay for it.  Smiley Very Happy

A few years back, some friends hosted a guac-off party. There were some very interesting interpretations... Including one with grapes because they didn't have tomatoes, not as bad as it sounds...

For the record, my wife won the competition, she is of Mexican descent and grew up in California 😁

My favourite Guacamole is Salsa. Ya  - I don't really care for guacamole but I still wanted to enter.

Mayor / Maire

3 avacode, 1/2 teaspoon suger 1 table spool lemon juice, 1 crushed onions, pinch of paprika, 1 bay leaf, 1 small crushed garlic, 1 crushed tomatoe

Mayor / Maire

I'm not interested in clause 4.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

I'm not interested in clause 4.

I think this is a standard boilerplate clause used by marketing departments which reserve certain rights for advertising purposes.  This contest is so tiny that marketing would not waste time with meeting winners and doing a photo op. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

WORLDS BEST

2 very ripe avocados

Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup tomato, finely diced
1 green onion, thinly minced   

couple shakes of pepper (to taste)

2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)

Peel and pit the avocados.

In a bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice with a fork.

Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste, and serve.

VOILA