cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Alert Ready Tests Today

According to what I heard on the radio this morning, the alert is being tested at 1:55 pm LOCAL time, except in Quebec, where it will be heard at 2:55 pm (local time).

It's currently 13:13 where I am, so it's going to be about 40 minutes from now.

On the original test of the system, my Nexus 5 did get the notifications, however, I wasn't on the right OS to do so, nor was my device 'supported' by the system as laid out on the website.  I'm on a new device now, with a supported OS.  We shall see what happens.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same here on the BB10 phone. What's frustrating is BB10 devices meet all the criteria for the emergency alert.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It works 👍

Mayor / Maire

I did not receive the ET alarm.  It's now 14:10 Local.  LG q6.

Possibly poor LTE signal, as I'm in the centre of a concrete and steel frame building.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Didn't get the alert, guessing my phone is not compatible as I did not get the first one back in May while I was on a different provider.   Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Using older Samsung S4. Didn't receive Alert. assuming because my phone is too old?

Mayor / Maire

According to Alertready.ca, Public Mobile is now a 'supported' carrier making these notices, and you must have an LTE phone on the latest operating system(s) that will receive the WPA signal.  You can not opt-out, and you're automatically opted-in.

Guess you'll also need a cellular signal when it happens!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

we got it here. All on koodo issued iPhones

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yay, got my alert, everything worked out for me, so when the Apocalypse comes I'll be for sure ready, lol.

Mayor / Maire

If it really is an emergency fine, but is this the 3rd or 4th test since implementation?  They're just teaching people to quickly dismiss the messages in the desire to quiet the tone.  I think that some of the news articles mentioned that phenomenom.  While this system should help with public safety, I wonder if the alerts and alert tones themselves have directly triggered any health issues, or caused any car crashes from the distraction.  I'm not saying to scrap the system or anything, but that just that those types of factors need to be considered.