Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So only for new subscribers?  What about existing customers?  They don't get this offer IF they switch/upgrade their plan?

To all the new subscribers, make sure you follow the directions carefully.

An online-only activation requirement means you must get the SIM for $10+taxes, and take it with you.  Do not activate at the retail location.  Rewards are normally credited to your account the same day, however, it can take up to 72 hours.

An in-store activation negates the offer, and sadly, you will not get the offer.  The clerks who tell you there is no difference are outright lying to you, or do not understand that the promos are set up in this fashion.  You have the right to buy the SIM card outright and activate later.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thejacer87 wrote:

i signed up today, didnt see any credits on my account

You will get the credit 72 hours after activation.

thejacer87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i signed up today, didnt see any credits on my account

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great... This promo is friendly to the $25 referral.  Unlike the in-store promo, the referrer gets only $1/30 days cycle.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@busybe

Sure you can...you can refer them and both get a referral bonus..

busybe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I just got into PM couple days ago. So sad that I will not be able to switch to this new promo. Any ways, question is can I switch another family member to PM with this promo and give them my referral code?

cathcout

@Carld123

Thanks! 

Carld123

@cathcout

If you are receiving the 25$ referral..approx 72 hrs you will see it in your account...you may use at your renewal date or purchase add ons with it..

cathcout

Hi!

I activated my account today (yay!), but did not get this promotion. 

I was also referred by a friend and did not see that reward on my account either... Is there a place to redeem rewards?

Thanks!

Carld123

@Ronak53

Hi ..if you signed up for this promotion, why will you not get it?

Ronak53

I had bought public mobile for this promotion and I will not get . Is there any way to get it?

michasmac

Apparently Dec 3rd to be exact.

michasmac

I concur!!  I just signed up yesterday afternoon!  Just my luck!....Any chance I get in on this action PM?

michasmac

As with all promos give them up to 72 Hrs for the rewards to show up.  And I believe it will be $10 off your next cycle.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@homer wrote:

Hope existing customers will get some love in the future as well 

I know it hurts for existing customers,no Heart existing customers 😭

Ronak53

Ohh I had bought it for this promotion and I will not get it . Is there any way to get the offer?

Carld123

@Addicted2fishin

You should see your first 10$ credited on Dec 3...

Just my luck again.  I just activated two SIM cards/accounts yesterday.  This would definitely have made me change the accounts I got yesterday.  😞

At least it's good to see that the specials are still coming in for new customers.

Addicted2fishin

I just signed up for this today and got the $40 4.5 plan or something lol. I didn’t get a credit 

homer

Hope existing customers will get some love in the future as well 

talas11

@Ronak53 wrote:

I have buy new sim today from Walmart and activated in Walmart, will I get the offer?

The promo says that it needs to be activated online so I dont think you will receive this promo.

Not sure if there is a way for you to get it, maybe one of the moderator team members can help. 

Ronak53

I have buy new sim today from Walmart and activated in Walmart, will I get the offer?

talas11

@shartomjam wrote:

@talas11 wrote:

@shartomjam wrote:

@talas11 wrote:

Hello

I just ordered a new sim, planning on getting the $40 plan. By the time my sim comes in the mail, will I still be able to recieve this promo?

This promo is only good until midnight December 2.  If you get your SIM before that, yes you can get the promo.  If not, sorry but you cannot get the promo.

oh you are right, i didnt read carefully enough. thanks for the info though. fingers crossed the strike doesnt screw me over 🙂

I hope you get your sim card in time.  It's a good promo. 🤞

You could always go to Walmart or any of the other retail outlets that sell PM sim cards and buy another one if yours doesn't come before the 2nd.  

So as long as the activation is online then I'll get this promo. But then I have a spare sim card. I guess I can do that if I dont see it in the mail closer to the end of the week. Thanks for the tip  

shartomjam

@talas11 wrote:

@shartomjam wrote:

@talas11 wrote:

Hello

I just ordered a new sim, planning on getting the $40 plan. By the time my sim comes in the mail, will I still be able to recieve this promo?

This promo is only good until midnight December 2.  If you get your SIM before that, yes you can get the promo.  If not, sorry but you cannot get the promo.

oh you are right, i didnt read carefully enough. thanks for the info though. fingers crossed the strike doesnt screw me over 🙂

I hope you get your sim card in time.  It's a good promo. 🤞

You could always go to Walmart or any of the other retail outlets that sell PM sim cards and buy another one if yours doesn't come before the 2nd.  

talas11

@shartomjam wrote:

@talas11 wrote:

Hello

shartomjam

@talas11 wrote:

Hello

talas11

Hello

shartomjam

Nice promo and stackable! I am switching my daughter over this week from Freedom so she will get $25 refer a friend, $10 credit for 6 months and bonus data for using auto pay.  That's pretty amazing.

S15smallblock

Thanks, I think my cookies were loading an older home page I see it now.

Need Help? Let's chat.