Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update: eSIM QR Code Now Included in Activation Summary Emails

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're happy to share some news that aims to make your eSIM installation process smoother and easier. As of June 15, we've started including an eSIM QR code in our activation summary emails.

Why does this matter?

If you encounter any difficulties downloading your eSIM during activation in the app, you now have a quick and easy solution - the QR code provided in your email. To effectively use this feature, open the email on a different device so that you can scan the QR code with the phone you want to use for your Public Mobile service. This lets you download your eSIM directly, and once done, you can log back into the app as an existing user. 

This enhancement is part of our ongoing commitment to streamline our services and provide you with the best possible experience. 

Stay tuned for more updates,

The Public Mobile Team

113 REPLIES 113

@Kel708 did you use the app at all?? if your activate using the browser, after payment step, you will need the app to complete the rest of the activation 

If you used the app and got to step 6 of the activation and still not working, Give PM another chance. Message support agent for help (or for refund)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Kel708
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No QR code I received. Where is QR for activation. Mobile Only took money and no reply after.

How can I cancel this. It's so frustrating for 24hours. 

@AlexDud Your app store location has to be set to Canada. If that's not possible, then you'll need to find someone else with access to the Canadian app store to download it on their device to complete the activation. Once activated they can delete the app and you can manage the account via the web.

I'm not familiar with the esim process, so hopefully someone else can jump in to answer that part.

AlexDud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got my activation email and the QR code for the eSIM was not included. Also I can't download the mobile app (not availaible in your region). Any solutions how to get eSim and install it on iPhone 14 Pro Max? 

Ouss

Just bought an esim and no QR was included in the email...frustrating procesa

Seb4

Thats great but qr code does not work 

RubyR

ya. same.

i got a 'ticket' and they sent me the qr code  in that exchange, and my iphone SE wouldn't enable it.

so that got me nowhere.

currently i can receive calls, and can text, but can not call out. 

as far as i can tell, in this process, i have an esim, i've ported my number over to PM from koodo, but can't make a call.

any suggestions?

MarlonHort

I just got my activation email and the QR code for the eSIM was not included

@JacobFlaglor Esim is single use at PM. They can't be transferred, and as soon as you delete it it's gone and you'll need to purchase a new one.

JacobFlaglor

Although I have already purchased it already??

Will_Neo12

Cool

@JacobFlaglor Unfortunately you have to download and pay for a new one.

JacobFlaglor

Hey! How do I get my esim back after I deleted it by an accident????

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Handy1 wrote:

@leyu0330  This is why I prefer physical SIM card . You can just take out the sim and put it into the new phone with eSIM you have to re buy it to change phones unfortunately 

Being able to move the SIM card from device to device is an advantage. You could use a different phone every day if you liked. You can't do this with an eSIM.

But being able to move the SIM card from device to device is a disadvantage. A thief could steal your phone number and phone service by installing your SIM card into another phone. He/She can't do that with an eSIM.

@leyu0330  This is why I prefer physical SIM card . You can just take out the sim and put it into the new phone with eSIM you have to re buy it to change phones unfortunately 

leyu0330

I hope you include sending QR codes through email on repurchasing an esim. So wont encouter problems when we transfer from one phone to another. Or better yet please allow rescanning Esim QR codes. Not just a single use. Deleting Esim by accident mostly happen when you have multiple sims or when error occurs.

Joaq

Submit a ticket or finish activation via the PM App

Emmahickey

I did . So ill

just did so I’ll  wait for a reply from agent 

thanks 

hi @Emmahickey 

via Welcome email or you can submit ticket with PM support 

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Emmahickey

How do I get the QR code?

KenLang

thanks ticket submitted

@KenLang  No one to talk to you have to submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

KenLang

QR code doesn't work...what now? How do I talk to a human?????

DeZzy

Having same issue have you gotten a solution

Paragon2286

Okay I just bought esim and 45 dollar monthly plan and cannot finish activation and i never received a qr code in my email

Kennedyh

Screenshot_20231128_163207_Public Mobile.jpg

 this is what the app says

@Kennedyh  Have you downloaded the app yet ? You need to use the app to activate the account (sim)

Kennedyh

This doesn't show up for some of us for some reason. I don't have a phone number yet because my account is not fully activated and nowhere to put in sim info

20231128_071250.jpg

RandomGuy

I also had no qr code in the email.

Need Help? Let's chat.