Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update: eSIM QR Code Now Included in Activation Summary Emails

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're happy to share some news that aims to make your eSIM installation process smoother and easier. As of June 15, we've started including an eSIM QR code in our activation summary emails.

Why does this matter?

If you encounter any difficulties downloading your eSIM during activation in the app, you now have a quick and easy solution - the QR code provided in your email. To effectively use this feature, open the email on a different device so that you can scan the QR code with the phone you want to use for your Public Mobile service. This lets you download your eSIM directly, and once done, you can log back into the app as an existing user. 

This enhancement is part of our ongoing commitment to streamline our services and provide you with the best possible experience. 

Stay tuned for more updates,

The Public Mobile Team

113 REPLIES 113

Svenk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I couldn't get my esim qr code, I bought a real SIM card and had to create a new account with the new SIM and contact customer support to cancel the previous account and get a refund.

Kennedyh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pleaseeee tell me how you activated your physical sim after checking out with esim??

Kennedyh

I'm having this problem I already paid for service how did u cancel and start again??

Kennedyh

There was also no qr code in my email and I'm unable to set up esim. I bought a psychical sim card and can't link to my account.

Caleb11

chiming in to say that i too am unable to activate my esim

bill123456

There was no QR code in my activation summary email

RogerFreedom

got the same problem here. I have no service right now.  this esim system sucks

woodbuffalo

I erased my esim by mistake, how I can get the QR code for my phone number?

coreslogic

Hello, I'm transferring number and moving from physical sim to eSim and trying to finish the activation on phone.  It says ESIM NOT INSTALLED on step 6/6 but I never received any eSIM email from Public Mobile but my credit card is already charged after step 5/6.  Please help. thanks!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dust2dust wrote:

@vitalk555- The wording in the fine print is "select channels" ...

"Select" means "whatever works best, is most profitable".

Public Mobile (like any other business) will not waste time trying too hard, making too many efforts, spending too much money to reach every possible customer in every way possible.

ESIMs and QR Codes are still "new" technologies to corporate dinosaurs like Telus (which operates the Public Mobile brand). So they will make efforts but they won't make promises. If you're one of the unlucky ones outside the "select channels" then don't expect the business to make special efforts to hunt you down and corner you for a subscription, expect to proactively put forth the effort yourself if you want to score the deal.

Paul59

I’m having this problem.
What’s the fix?

Nocall

Pretty rude. Apology in order.

Some people never receive the QR code. Others are unable to xcan it, while still others scan it and nothing works.

vitalk555

thanks for the advice

@vitalk555 just order from Amazon. Much easier. 

@vitalk555- The wording in the fine print is "select channels". That pretty much means online from Public or Amazon.
***Limited time offer. New activations only. Offer for a $5 discount on physical SIM cards and eSIM cards. Regular price for a physical SIM card is $10, and for eSIM is $5. E-SIM applicable to eSIM compatible devices only. $5 discount on physical SIM card available in select channels only. Public Mobile reserves the right to remove or change this offer at any time without notice.

By the way, I'm just a fellow customer. I have zero control over the policies around here.

vitalk555

if I see a price and it is not indicated that this is an online price, then why can’t I pick up a SIM card in a store at the same price?

vitalk555

Why didn’t you indicate that 5 dollars is the online price? Why do I only find out about this in the store?

@vitalk555- Only corporate stores sell sims. Click on Pick up a sim card down below and find a store near you. Call ahead.
They would be $10, not $5.

vitalk555

Hi. Yesterday they refused to sell me a SIM card for $5 in the Telus store. There is no information on your website that 5 dollars is the Internet price. Can I get a SIM card for 5 dollars in any store?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

lol, QR codes in plain sight. Where any fool holding a phone can easily observe and capture them. Pretend you're talking or texting while you're actually aiming the camera at somebody's secret eSIM code.

Meanwhile, I can barely type in a password (full of uppercase, lowercase, letters, symbols, etc) that I can't see. As often as not I don't even get the option to reveal it on my own screen - just in case somebody sinister might happen to be watching and waiting for the chance to steal my login.

Ogh

Thanks. It is very thoughtful!

Muntazir

Me too. Best place to buy, much cheaper too !

drsihaa

Please also send the QR code by email to customers who switch from a physical SIM to an eSIM. @Ck_PM 

@Nadeem1972 have you already been charged on your credit card ? If so please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nadeem1972

App downloaded on her phone there is not option to activate

@Nadeem1972Download the app on her phone and activate on her device 

Nadeem1972

I did not received QR code email

Nadeem1972

I wants to activate e sim on my daughter phone. I log in or started process at my phone. Now when I log in account 

nasharif205@gmail.com e sim setup startup at my phone but I wants on my daughters phone. What I should do now?

Poco605

I had the same problem.  You can't activate because the app thinks that your phone isn't compatible, but you can't get the esim qr code util you activate.  I had to cancel and start again with a regular sim card.

Nocall

Contact support. I did get the QR code but no QR reader I tried would work. Not sure why they are promoting it when it seems buggy.

But first ensure your phone is compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.