cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunately I lost my phone, I've been with Public Mobile before Jan 2015 what can I do?

RaghulanJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile, I've been a customer long before January 2015 and just recently (around end of February 2015) I lost my phone along with the sim. I'm really happy with the service Public Mobile provides which is why I don't want to switch providers, it's a great company that actually cares about its customers. Is their anything I can do? Please help me out. 

-Raghulan J 

5 REPLIES 5

Also, If Handset bought from Rogers/Fido, Remember: GSM 2G isn't part of Telus's Network, so if Handset only had 2G GSM and no 3G bare-minimum, Handset won't work at all

Also, if you Tether devices to your handset too, an additional step is required to enable Tethering ability, If your Handset has Tethering option available.
If you get Handset from Bell/VM, like Old Used, Since Bell/VM Do NOT PERMIT ppl to buy from their Stores, Physical or Online as well, Even the Prepaid at their Stores, WalMart, Best Buy Prepaid section only exception,
then you must have handset unlocked prior to porting over. If Handset is from Wind or Rogers/Fido, Make sure
it is compatible before you purchase, Not all will be compatible
Telus's Frequency support is 850-1900 MHZ for the 3G, 1700-2100 MHZ for the 4G LTE, the 700 MHZ Isn't available yet, takes time for Telus to build-up

Hi. Yes, first log in self serve and click lost/stolen to suspend account, Purchase a new handset, if at WalMart, Best Buy, Only Prepaid Section, as The Store is unable to sell more premium handsets due to contract clauses, or check out Koodo Stores where handsets bearing Purple labels can be bought w/o needing to be a Koodo client. Telus stores Don't permit this, though Telus's Online store allows ppl to buy w/o having to be a client, but you must pay the full amount. Also, if Handset is from Telus/Koodo, No need to unlock, BUT, If your Plan has DATA Stuff, You MUST EDIT APN Settings so that you can access Data, and MMS AND SMS Messages

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @RaghulanJ

You can follow the steps posted here for getting a replacement SIM card: Need a replacement SIM card?

Public does not sell phones but you could buy an unlocked or TELUS/Koodo locked device from those respective carriers (for prepaid packages) or online for buying premium devices outright. Alternatively you could buy a phone from third party retailers such as; Best Buy, London Drugs, Staples, Costco, or Wal-Mart.

You may also want to log into your Self-Serve account and suspend your service under the lost/stolen tab in order to prevent whomever finds your phone from using your balance; What happens if my Public Mobile SIM Card is lost or stolen?

Vijeta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Order for a new sim and wai for its delivery or try purchasing a new SIM from other service provider and try to port it into public. But I am not sure whether the later one works.

Please confirm with anyone in the community on this.

Need Help? Let's chat.