cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Gateway DNS address: mms.mb.telus.com, or msg.telus.com

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Information for the knowledge base...

I had my home alarm company setup SMS notifications for alarm events. The alarm station needs both, a) the cellphone number, and b) the carrier's SMS gateway DNS address.

"Public Mobile," as a carrier, was not on their cheat sheets; therefore, they couldn't look up the SMS gateway DNS string. Humf. No surprise, though, that telus' SMS gateway is known and, after some experimentation, telus' SMS gateway is, in fact, the correct DNS string for Public Mobile numbers.

Sooo, hope it helps others out there (and possible inclusion in the Knowledge base),,,

SMS gateway DNS string (prefered): mms.mb.telus.com , or

SMS gateway DNS string (default): msg.telus.com

Most likely format for correct use by external entities: nnnnnnnnnn@mms.mb.telus.com or nnnnnnnnnn@msg.telus.com, where nnnnnnnnnn is your 10-digit Public Mobile number.

Cheers,

/S

5 REPLIES 5

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@s2scotty wrote:

Information for the knowledge base...

I had my home alarm company setup SMS notifications for alarm events. The alarm station needs both, a) the cellphone number, and b) the carrier's SMS gateway DNS address.

"Public Mobile," as a carrier, is not on their cheat sheets; therefore, they couldn't lookup the SMS gateway DNS string. Humf. No surprise, though, that telus' SMS gateway is known and, after some experimentation, telus' SMS gateway is, in fact, the correct DNS string for Public Mobile numbers.

Sooo, hope it helps others out there (and possible inclusion in the Knowledge base),,,

SMS gateway DNS string: msg.telus.com

Most likely format for correct use by external entities: nnnnnnnnnn@msg.telus.com, where nnnnnnnnnn is your 10-digit Public Mobile number.

Cheers,

/S

Awesome -- checked by sending myself an email, and it goes through; shows email address, and message obviously. 

Tried the method listed just above my message, ^^^^^^ the "@mms.mb.telus.com" one and it showed my name, so by the looks of it, it appears that the phone recognized it as a contact. 

Cool either way.

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@s2scotty @srlawren @NDesai the best think is to sent to l to phone number @mms.mb.telus.com or phone number@msg.koodomobile.com its will show the senders email address to reply not 999-999-9999

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great share, @s2scotty! Big thumbs up

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Cool, thank you for taking time and letting us know. 

Need Help? Let's chat.