cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New SIM, new account, new plan, No Service

bradley9453
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a similar problem.

New SIM new account, new plan, no service.

I have tried and retried several things and am having no luck.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradley9453 ah, there's the issue.  The Dart is not at all compatible with the Telus/Bell network on which Public Mobile is operated, unfortunately.  If you want to use this phone in Canada, I think it would either have to be on Rogers'/Fido's 2G GSM network, or possibly on Freedom Mobile's AWS-based (to the best of my recollection anyway) HSPA network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bradley9453
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To your issue:

- Are you a new PM (public mobile) customer, and this has yet to work for you?  

I am a new customer

- What error message, if any, is your phone displaying?

Emergency calls only, no networks available

- What brand and model is your phone?  

Samsung model number SGH-T499Y

- is your phone either carrier unlocked, or locked to Telus/Koodo?  If it's locked to any other network, it needs to get unlocked to use it here.

no idea, it hasnt been used in years though... could it still be locked?

I think that's a good starting point, please let us know.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradley9453 you replied to a thread that has not seen activity since January, so I've moved it to it's own thread for better visibility.

To your issue:

- Are you a new PM (public mobile) customer, and this has yet to work for you?  OR, are you an exsiting customer that for some reason changed plans and SIM card at the same time?  Sorry just clarifying since your description could apply to either scenario.

- What error message, if any, is your phone displaying?

- What brand and model is your phone?  Please be as specific as possible, since many models have several sub-models or variations by region etc that have different network support

- is your phone either carrier unlocked, or locked to Telus/Koodo?  If it's locked to any other network, it needs to get unlocked to use it here.

I think that's a good starting point, please let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.