cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Loyalty Pays

osbournejmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a customer of public mobile for over 4 years now and am charged the same amount every month....when will I see MY discounts.?

Also,  I'm having alot of prank calls lately and would like to change my phone number.  I'm in south Oshawa (Ontario, canada) and the closest store closed a while ago.   Can I do this with public mobile via text?  If not, could you please direct me to the closest store?   Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@osbournejmo welcome to the Public Mobile communtiy.  As @imm1304 and @chrstyles already mentioned, grandfathered plans like yours unfortunately are not eligible for any rewards.  The good news is, they are great plans that offer great value despite the lack of rewards eligibility. 

And yes, you can change your phone number through the self-serve system, or by calling in (since your grandfathered account also gives you access to phone-based support, which those of us on the newer plans do not have).

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@osbournejmo

Hello,

As a result of your tenure with Public Mobile, it seems that you are likely on a grandfathered (or "pioneer" plan). These plans were grandfathered as a courtesy to Public Mobile customers who activated prior to January of 2015 and are reflective of the original Public Mobile plans that were around when it was an independent network. These plans are not elegible for the rewards program. However, you may change your phone number at any time, regardless of whether or not you're on a grandfathered plan, by visiting the Self Serve portal and navigating to the "Change my Number" section. Making this number change will not affect your grandfathered plan status, but changing your plan or losing the account after 90 days of inactivity will.

Best regards,

Chris

(PM Customer)

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @osbournejmo!

You must be on one of the old grandfathered plan that is no longer offered by the new PM.  Only the new plans qualify for rewards.

To change your phone number, you can call 611 if you are on a grandfathered plan.  You can also change the number by signing into your selfserve account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.