cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like:

EDITED

  • Subscribing:                                                    New in town        (certain)
  • 1st post:                                                          Great Neighbour (certain)
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :                 Good Citizen       (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :    Great Citizen      (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :       Model Citizen      (highly probable)
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero           (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor     (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor                 (?)

However from data it doesn't look like it's exactly related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

 

 

Capture d’écran 2017-05-02 à 21.16.59.png

Finally, I seem to go up two steps and one down at the same time... ? 😉

View solution in original post

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: My ranking went up


@Someone_here wrote:

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like at first with "normal"(?) participation:

  • Subscribing:                                          New in town
  • 1st post:                                                Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :       Good Citizen
  • 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :       Great Citizen
  • 3 months + at least app. 100 posts:      Model Citizen
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 500 posts:  Town Hero
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 800 posts:   Deputy Mayor
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor

However from data it doesn't look like it's actually related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

 


@Someone_here

Just a data point to update your list:

By the end of January after approx. 2.5 months, I had ranked to model citizen with just over 200 posts and nearly 300 bravos.  Some rankings are probably more dependant on stats than time, especially the early ones.

 

It's worth keeping in mind that none of the rankings or titles (with the sole exception of Oracle) make any difference in your contribution reward.  This ranking system is mostly window dressing.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up

@SD08

Thanks for the info.

I know there is no difference, I guess I was just wondering how it worked and might be a little too geek 😉

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up

@Someone_here I never considered a timing component although it does make sense

 

Your formula for Mayor in particular is way off though; I am a very active poster & it took me like 18 months to rank up despite having thousands of posts + likes associated to my account

 

An alternate theory is that there is a badge component (which could be why your timing seems to match often)

A person gets the rank after a certain number of badges at specific levels

There is something behind the top 5% etc badges that matters

 

I also am pretty sure solutions matter

 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: My ranking went up

kav2001c wrote:

@Someone_here I never considered a timing component although it does make sense
 
Your formula for Mayor in particular is way off though; I am a very active poster & it took me like 18 months to rank up despite having thousands of posts + likes associated to my account
 
An alternate theory is that there is a badge component (which could be why your timing seems to match often)
A person gets the rank after a certain number of badges at specific levels
There is something behind the top 5% etc badges that matters
 
I also am pretty sure solutions matter
 


Solutions definitely matter.  I'm sure that most of the primary contribution statistics matter, including messages posted, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions you've accepted, ideas posted, idea comments posted, etc.  The badges in your profile matter in that they reflect your reward earned, which is based upon your contribution statistics. 
Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up


@kav2001c wrote:

Your formula for Mayor in particular is way off though; I am a very active poster & it took me like 18 months to rank up despite having thousands of posts + likes associated to my account


Then time might not be important for these "high ranking"...

If you look at @CaNuCk07, he registred a little more than 6 months ago and is already Mayor...

 

But time definitively plays a role in the firsts ranks...

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up


@SD08 wrote:
Solutions definitely matter

Maybe solutions matter, but it is still possible to be a Model Citizen with no solution (@Jonavin) and a Town Hero with 10 solutions (@zhadj030).

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up

 


@Someone_here wrote:

@SD08 wrote:
Solutions definitely matter

Maybe solutions matter, but it is still possible to be a Model Citizen with no solution (@Jonavin) and a Town Hero with 10 solutions (@zhadj030).


If ir wasn't for this tag I would have never noticed this topic or the new level up. I had no idea I was a hero now. For me it seems as if it is time dependant and it is maybe relative to contribution in general. The number of solutions is not precise at all I can bet you easily that someone like @SD08 or @will13am actually offered a solution to maybe twice or the times that number that shows on the stats . The same goes to a lot of the amazing members especially the people regularly in the top 0.5% and 5%. It is more reasonable to me that it goes depending on time and level of participation.

I tend to respond a bit late but often and in both sides (the French and English) so that could be a reason why I got leveled up.

 

BTW thanks for tagging seems like an interesting topic. I was mostly off last month and a half because of exams but I seem to find a lot of new names.

Tags (1)
will13am
Oracle

Re: My ranking went up


@zhadj030 wrote:

 


@Someone_here wrote:

@SD08 wrote:
Solutions definitely matter

Maybe solutions matter, but it is still possible to be a Model Citizen with no solution (@Jonavin) and a Town Hero with 10 solutions (@zhadj030).


If ir wasn't for this tag I would have never noticed this topic or the new level up. I had no idea I was a hero now. For me it seems as if it is time dependant and it is maybe relative to contribution in general. The number of solutions is not precise at all I can bet you easily that someone like @SD08 or @will13am actually offered a solution to maybe twice or the times that number that shows on the stats . The same goes to a lot of the amazing members especially the people regularly in the top 0.5% and 5%. It is more reasonable to me that it goes depending on time and level of participation.

I tend to respond a bit late but often and in both sides (the French and English) so that could be a reason why I got leveled up.

 

BTW thanks for tagging seems like an interesting topic. I was mostly off last month and a half because of exams but I seem to find a lot of new names.


@zhadj030, welcome back to the community.  I am too concerned about the ranking thing.  I just think it would be cool to be an Oracle for just one day so I can sit in one of those meetings with Public Mobile.  It is not everyday that a customer gets this type of invite.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Re: My ranking went up

Thank you.
I mean yeah the original plan was always to kidnap​ @Luddite and take over his place.. XD

It will be great to have one of those doors open events to get some insight into PM's way of doings what they do..
But for me one hour is enough, I like leveling up but not to the top. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.