cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance isn't working

jdrent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't phone long distance...  I can txt but when I try to phone long distance the automated message says I don't have an active account.  I have an unlimited long distance plan...  why is this happening?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@jdrent 

Are you certain that the number you are calling is IN Canada? And that you havent mixed any of the digits of the area code up so that while the person you are calling is in Canada the area code you are actually dialling isn’t in the USA? Unless you have a US or International calling add-on you can’t call from Canada to any other country.

Have you added a 1 before the 10 digit number? Just because your plan gives you Canadian Long Distance calling doesn’t mean that you don't have to dial a 1 first.

Many of the recordings we get here don't make a whole lot of sense at deciphering exactly what is going wrong.

AE_Collector

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jdrent 

• turn off your phone remove the sim, turn the phone on and reinstall the sim. test
  • enable/disable lost/stolen mode in self serve to reset the sim network

contact customer support here if you're still having issues

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@jdrent 

You should login to your selfserve and reactivate.

Don't forget to restart the phone after

It's possible that autopay failed

When is your renewal?

jdrent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I have unlimited long distance in canada... The message said... "Your plan is not active"

@jdrent wrote:

I can't phone long distance...  I can txt but when I try to phone long distance the automated message says I don't have an active account.  I have an unlimited long distance plan...  why is this happening?

When you say unlimited long distance, do you have mean unlimtied long distance within Canada?  Also, what's the exact wording of the error message?  Is it possible that your account is in suspended state?

Need Help? Let's chat.