cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphones really worth using with PublicMobile?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey fellow Public Mobilers,

Hope that you all had a great Spring and Summer. Plus you'll get important mail soon before any possibly Canada Post strike. Cat Frustrated

I have been thinking of POSSIBLY getting a IPhone from someone. It isn't a promise but just a thought.

What I want to know is, IS it really worth getting?

I only know it cost more than any other phone and that it has to have its own very special charger.

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Hey fellow Public Mobilers,

Hope that you all had a great Spring and Summer. Plus you'll get important mail soon before any possibly Canada Post strike. Cat Frustrated

I have been thinking of POSSIBLY getting a IPhone from someone. It isn't a promise but just a thought.

What I want to know is, IS it really worth getting?

I only know it cost more than any other phone and that it has to have its own very special charger.

Well I'm not neutral. 🙂

Expensive and proprietary with their own little walled-in sandbox.

The charger is more about their own proprietary connector. No sirree. Can't be using the standard little usb connector. Gotta be special. Or maybe they think their customers are too stupid to figure out plug orientation.

Depending on how old the iphone is...now with no headphone/mic jack. Great. Reduce flexibility and access. Doesn't that even go against your credo?

No memory card slot. That's it. That's all you get.

No easily replaceable battery. Many phones are easily opened to swap out a battery for on the go needs.

Sure. They're fine lovely products. I'm an old f@rt. I've been against Apple since they started. They're all about marketing and style. That's not how I want to identify with my tech.

At the end of the day, how to justify and rationalize your purchases is entirely personal.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Angelic_Fille90, no one knows whether the Canada Post Work Stoppage is going to happen, and we certainly do not know if it will be a strike or a lockout.

Sure the CUPW members have voted in favour of a possible strike, they did this the last time too.  But last time, it was the employer who refused to keep the mail going - The employer locked the workers out.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelic_Fille90, everyone has their own personal preferences on which phone they like.  This service is neutral with respect to the selection process.  

Need Help? Let's chat.