cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If PPL want to have services that are currently unavailable, what should PM do?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

This is probably something that I see coming in this forums every now and then.

PPL asking for different services. 

Question is, how can PM get to that destination?

Should PM keep it just simple, as is, without any new improvements?

Or should PM offer them when they find the correct way to implement them in a quick, easy and effective way that's easy, simple, and quick?

Perhaps PPL should have their say, let PPL conjur up their version, who knows, maybe there is 100's of ways, maybe none, but every problem should have a solution. 

What do you think?

30 REPLIES 30

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

MS Paint on my PC

Also, how did you create those red arrow thing on your screen shot from your phone? Or did you use a PC and mspaint? Is option avaible on PM's post thing too?Screenshot_2015-02-24-10-53-10.png

Screenshot_2015-02-24-10-47-22.pngthis is from my phone. Not sure how to open feature exactly

CET_GUY27

Google Nexus 4 running 5.0.1

Checked again, even changed pin to pattern, option has not opened up at all. What's yer handset? 

CET_GUY27

Capture.JPG

Hi. Checked, Have no Smart lock option, only pin, pattern, and swipe, my phone is moto g 1st gen I think, from PM transition, option was available and after update, no longer available. What a shame

CET_GUY27

@makkahn28 Go to settings>security and enable a lock type under "screen lock" (cannot be "none" or "swipe.") Then, go back to the security page, and go into "Smart Lock," enter your password/pattern you just set then select "trusted face." Follow the setup process and you're good to go.

Cheers

Thanks for that. Easier for me to look at previous tabs that are important. BTW, what happened with the face recognition in security part in settings? In KitKat, was an option, now lolpop, no more:(

CET_GUY27
@makkahn28 Are you talking about the tabs in chrome? If so, go into your settings (in chrome) and turn off the "merge tabs and apps" setting

One of the things taken was the tabs, a little difficult to find, was easier on Kitkat

Update may have some good points, but also tooken some other stuff away. They could have improved memory a bit, so that apps can be compressed a bit for more stuff

CET_GUY27
I've had lollipop on my Nexus 4 for months and love it. Would never want to go back to KitKat.

I should note, had to complete a full factory reset after installing to eliminate some lag issues, but totally worth it!

Make sure you copy any data, photos, etc you want to keep before resetting though.

So far, not really all that impressed

The changes so far, mixed review. Kinda Men

Noticed: Face recognition unlock is no longer available on Moto G 1st gen Security settings

Was waiting, phone already in process of installing. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

First, it consumes a lot of memory, and PM Moto G phones don't have expandable memory.

Second, the update has enough bugs that I won't be installing it.

The main practical effects of the upgrade are better battery and camera performance.

I'm at the 50% update already, just need to be certain. would hate to see my phone brick up, or something else far worse

Is the Lolpop 5.0 update worth it? I hear plenty of things, too many of them bad.

I'm updating now. Requirements in storage requirement: 850 mb

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I don't often listen to music, but, when I do, TuneIn Radio is sufficient. It's available in the Google play store.

Oh, Just a heads up: For Moto G 1st Gen, Lolpop 5.0 update now available. Just received my notification

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Play Music, Songza, Rdio, and Spotify are all good for streaming.

Martin, just curious to ask: Do you know any music apps that I can get music for my Device? Got some from YT converting into MP3, but not all music is available. Looking for Really good Music Apps, reliable too. If you know any. I can't find one that's efficient. Also, what Music player App is also good?

Just curious: What's this NHL, or this sports thing and tv service for Mobile devices designed? Very curious. Use My phone for YT and watch The apprentice reruns, and other programs. Love to watch when either at bus or when nothing on, and no PC available?

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Those type of apps are provided in partnership with the cable brand that they represent. You can watch Bell TV from your Bell Mobility cell phone. Public Mobile is highly unlikely to obtain a cable presence, TELUS does not offer cable outside of the western provinces so I can't see it happening.

Depending on the type of device you're using I'm sure there's alternative sites for streaming media.

I was refering about something else. but maybe I'll take a rest. My fingers are aching

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

There's one service that I think no one ever thought yet for PM: Watching TV on your Mobile device.

Or NHL, something along those lines.

YT only can go so far, and apps can have additional expenses that may not be favorable completely.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Isn't the above a rehash of your countless posts regarding what you wanted PM to be?

By asking the above, at least one person will present ideas. Once presented, you will then compose innumerable posts about your ideal PM.

Can you not stop obsessing about the same topic? Further, what about yesterday's promise that you would stop posting and posting and posting?
Need Help? Let's chat.