cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wishing for unlimited data

I really wish that we had the option to get and unlimited data plan I would be the first to sign up..... What do you all think?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Wishing for unlimited data

Likely not going to happen in Canada anytime soon unless the government does something. The big 3 are just too strong and if they actually do, it'll be very expensive

Oracle

Just for fun, I checked the Rogers site.  There is a 80GB share plan that I would say is essentially unlimited.  It is only $415 per month!  Data is more expensive than gold in this country.  It is going to continue this way unfortunately until competition arrives. 

I wish an MVNO such as Ting would come to Canada, but the CRTC doesn't let them.

Ting is a Canadian founded company, that can't operate in Canada.

It would be so nice to have more choice.

@stonechucker Yeah that would great for us as consumers. Too bad most of the good companies like public are founded under an umbrella of the big 3. I think the newest one to survive is Freedom but their signal aren't that great. 

I have a few friends that have unlimited data on their Wind plan (now called Freedom Mobile).  They pay about $30 (includes tax) with unlimited province-wide calling and unlimited Canada-wide texting. I don't think we will see unlimited data here anytime soon. Even now Freedom Mobile does not offer unlimited data on any of their current plans.  

@powerg21 

Precisely, because Wind Mobile was bought out by yet another big telecom (Shaw) and renamed Freedom Mobile. Freedom, indeed...

Public mobile could also go the Chatr route where they offer the 1 GB at 3G speed but continue using data at a reduced speed until your next renewal date (super slow but hey it's better than nothing).

Hey @wickedgx,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It is possible for rate plan with LTE data included, for example, you can definitely change the speed from your phone and switch to 3G, to save some of the data to suit your needs. Hope this answers your concern. Feel free to ask other questions, I`ll be more than happy to help you! Smiley Happy

Regards

@Oana_S, subscribing to a FULL LTE plan and switching to a force 3G connection will do that, but why would a subscriber wish to do that without considering first switching to the 3G Speed (Throttled LTE) first to get more data, and then possible access the actual 3G for increased speeds?

Confusing isn't it.  Neither of these solutions is unlimited data, which is what the user is asking about.