cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this have to do with building a great community?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
3 REPLIES 3

@will13am  Indeed an interesting article. The statement that stood out for me:

In other words, individual team members were able to correctly interpret fellow teammates' expressions, tone of voice, and nonverbal cues. This led them to be more sensitive to teammates feelings during communication.

Something that hinders the community.....as we are only words on a screen.

The lounge plays a more important role than many may realize....by sharing interests outside of the realm of public mobile we get to know one another a little more we can read between the lines better. Studies have shown pet owners are more empathetic than non owners....sharing is healthy for mental health and emotional well being. Team building....i feel I understand and am closer to community members I've shared photos with than others....be it dogs, cats, telephones, street scenes.....snow....you name it.

Just take some time to enjoy the view and we can all get back on track.......False Creek assumptions will weaken our community lets pull together!

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great article that can help teams.  We can certainly  'Praise generously' and the idea of bravos is another form of praise.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed it,  @will13am especially the part about reframing negative feedback.

@will13am wrote:

This should be an interesting self assessment.

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/after-years-of-research-google-discovered-secret-weapon-to-buildin...

Need Help? Let's chat.