cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If anybody needs 'free' tax filing, let me know. I will have few available slots at TurboTax.

10 REPLIES 10

KK688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, how would that work if you don't share the activation code?  Wouldn't the person you're filing it for then have to give you their personal info, including address, birthdate and SIN#?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

That's very nice of You!Explain to this non computer person how you share the returns without privacy concerns for the filer?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

I use only one PC and still I will never share activation code with anybody.

However, since I will have 6 available returns left I am willing to offer them to whoever needs them with No compensations whatsoever. I believe that does not infringe in any copyright or whatever as nowhere in Intuit's small print it says I cannot use all available returns for my friends/family returns.

@Yummy 

You can only register 2 computer on Turbotax.

@will13am wrote:

Sharing is not so easy with turbotax.  

OK. No, I am not selling it! Absolutely not!

I will use 2 or 8 available returns thus 6 returns are available. Since I bought the product already I have no intention to 'rent' it or similar. Available 6 returns are absolutely free. Now, how to use it might be tricky.

And NO, I cannot share program nor activation code with anybody.

That was just an idea. And yes, I can do your taxes for free (since I have software already 😁) not a big deal.

I always prefer to have my own copy of a program; I do not trust all those on-line options. When e-filing I believe my data will not go to Intuit but directly to CRA but you never know. Some people like to do taxes on-line ent4ring all that data on somebody's web site, but not me.

I am not aware of any free tax software you can install on your PC and do your taxes including filing.

Actually there are free options but your income has to be something like <25K and very simple.

@HALIMACS wrote:

I can't imagine that's how @Yummy meant it, @will13am 

I'd be less concerned with CRA knocking on doors these days... they're just calling everyone and threatening legal action if you don't send them bitcoin for your "overdue taxes".   

🤣🤣🤣

I keep tax records for at least 6 years as suggested by the CRA.  The 2015 tax program is still installed on the computer.  I am probably going to leave it installed as it does not take up much storage space.  

I can't imagine that's how @Yummy meant it, @will13am 

I'd be less concerned with CRA knocking on doors these days... they're just calling everyone and threatening legal action if you don't send them bitcoin for your "overdue taxes".   

🤣🤣🤣

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sharing is not so easy with turbotax.  

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/can-i-install-turbotax-on-mu....

Don't cheap out, buy your own.  Keeping the program on the computer can be useful for future references or heaven forbid if the CRA knocks on the front door.

BTW, I will assume 'free' is not an offer to sell a product in this forum.  That would be a no-no.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

that sounds super nice @Yummy !

What do you mean exactly...are you offering to do someone's taxes?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Are you offering to do my taxes, @Yummy ?  🤣🤣🤣

Mine are free too... Turbo Tax, Simple Tax, Wealthsimple....   aren't most of them virtually free now?

Need Help? Let's chat.