cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tunity App

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I installed an app called Tunity on my Android 9 phone to help me to hear better by streaming TV shows/movies audio from their server directly to any Bluetooth devices without tuning up the volume.  It works better if I mute the TV sound.  I like it because it connects to my hearing aids using Bluetooth without buying a Bluetooth earbuds.  But it only works with US TV programs only. 

This will be perfect watching TV sports inside a noisy bar.

8 REPLIES 8

I use an "audiophile"-grade O2+ODAC - a slick little box which functions as an "external sound card". Built mine years ago from NwAvGuy's design (actually built six - seven? - of them over the years, for impressed friends and family and swiping ex-girlfriends, lol), but anyone can buy them from JDSLabs or other sources.

My first one was originally intended for an old gaming PC, but it works with any digital audio input or output (assuming you build or buy one compatible with whatever audio connectors you use). I've used mine with desktops, laptops, PCs, Macs, Windows, linux, Android, TVs, a stereo, smartphones, MP3 players. No messing around with software, firmware, drivers, apps, updates, settings, configurations ... just plug wires in, press power, and adjust volume. This is a longterm solution - you unplug the box from your old device and plug it into your new one, over and over again as years and technologies move forward, it just works, you never ever need to buy audio hardware or software again.

FiiO sells some nifty little gadgets of this type, as well. They seem popular with the "audiophile" crowd and generally receive good reviews. Not quite the same audio quality or power as the fat-smartphone-sized O2+ODAC, but still excellent and cheap and about the size of a matchbook, some have Bluetooth connectivity. I honestly don't know how well they might (or might not) work with hearing aids though I suspect that really has more to do with the headphones/speakers than the audio signal processing.

srlawren

@popping wrote:

There are audio streaming hardware to connect to TV audio output and Bluetooth listening device.

@popping yes, that's true too.  I'm just thinking many TVs sold in the past several years likely have the functionality built in, so no extra cost or set up hassle.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@srlawren 

That is another option.  

There are audio streaming hardware to connect to TV audio output and Bluetooth listening device.

thanks @popping.  Not bad, they have the lip sync issue covered.  Sound more interesting now

popping

@softech 

Read the Tunity Sync FAQ  https://tunity.com/sync-faq/

I use VPN to connect the nearest US location to allow tunity to know which TV program to use.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Oh wow, sounds like something I should try as I get differing levels of volume and sometimes it is a strain to hear

srlawren

@popping I have no direct experience with hearing aids, but most reasonably recent TVs have Bluetooth radios built in.  For example, our 2019-era Samsung TV has it, and I use it sometimes to listen to TV shows via my bluetooth headphones and it works fairly well.  I'm wondering if you might be able to directly pair your TV to your hearing aids?  Then you'd be able to hear anything you watch regardless of being US or Canadian programming, plus anything you might stream on services like Netflix, Crave, Disney+, etc.  Worth looking into, maybe?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@popping   interesting app , there is really app for every needs

But.. any delay?  would you hear "SCORE!!!!" like couple seconds later? 🏒

honest, those lip-sync issue when watching tv/movies really bug me sometimes

Need Help? Let's chat.