cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination liability charge

gbranscombe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How can telus charge a termination liability charge when I switched from Telus to public mobile which is owned by the same company!  

8 REPLIES 8

gbranscombe

No .. it was me that broke the contract. My bad. After 3 months it will all be a wash anyway. Thanks for the info. 

@hTideGnow   Lol...great analogy! 

Speaking personally Toyota has been the most reliable car I've had, so maybe not quite Telus vs PM, perhaps...  😉

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gbranscombe if you ported out from Telus how are they do get their remaining money for the phone?  PM is prepaid and doesn't "finance" any phones.  Plus you are under no contract here so this is the only way Telus can get their money for something you got from them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gbranscombe 

That's the ECF (early cancellation fee) this is the remaining months of your contract × your device subsidy+tax. If telus broke the terms of your contract then you might have a case for the CCTS  and if they find in your favour then you would not have to pay the ECF.

I would imagine your device subsidy was about $28/month×16months=$448+$53.76(tax)=$501.76

gbranscombe

Agreed. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gbranscombe while Telus owns PM , that does not mean you can terminate your contract with Telus and come to PM without any penalty.  They are running as 2 different seperate companies.

Just like you are leasing a Lexus, you decide early return it and get a Toyota, doesn't mean you don't need to pay the termination fee for the Lexus you return back early

gbranscombe

Yes I owed for a phone and had contract until Nov 2023 , so they decided to charge me $500 ! I will catch up in 3 months with the cost savings but technically they are same company .I will talk with telus today . 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gbranscombeAsk Telus, did you owe for a phone or something?

Need Help? Let's chat.