cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Koodo promotion

darylross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am interested in switching from Public Mobile to Koodo... how do I go about getting a promo code?

6 REPLIES 6

@srlawren 

I can see how those would be compelling features. Especially if people want or need the whole pile of LTE-based features. Although the premium features (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc) are limited to a selection of premium phones on (24 month) Tab plans.

Koodo's roaming (and long-distance) options do cover places PM's roaming (and long-distance) add-ons do not. So the choice is simple if you need to roam (or long-distance) to any of those places. PM's CAN and USA and "International" rates are (mostly) cheaper for the places they do cover.

And we know that PM's support model isn't for everyone. Some people would indeed be better off with Koodo's support.

But these Koodo features come with a price. All of Koodo's plans cost a little more and give a little less than their PM counterparts. (Except for all the high-end Koodo plans which exceed PM's top-end plan, $55 or more per month.)

It just seems that no matter how you work it out - whether you take a Tab or not, whether you bring your own device or you buy a Koodo device - you'd have to pay more for your Koodo plan than you'd have to pay for your PM plan, and you'd also get less data as a result.

And all this before even considering PM's Rewards.

Let alone PM's unpredictable gifts and bonuses.

I don't personally see better value by having faster LTE data speeds which can burn through an even smaller monthly GB ration in minutes. Or in paying a premium for things like VoLTE which (to me) generally aren't noticeably better than non-VoLTE, things like Visual Voicemail and Call Control which could be entirely emulated with (free) on-phone apps.

I could see some value in paying for those things if they're Tab-bundled into the price of a premium phone, basically letting me defray the cost of buying the device over a 24 month period. Especially if discounts or promos can reduce that price.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

The only real advantage Koodo has over Public (that I can see) is that they sell phones.

@Korth also:

- non-throttled full-speed LTE data plans

- international roaming (Easy Roam)

- VoLTE (with approved device)

- VoWiFi (with approved device)

- Visual Voicemail

- Call Control (https://community.koodomobile.com/articles-by-koodo-232899/what-is-call-control-7798337)

- better support

- probably others I'm forgetting

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The only real advantage Koodo has over Public (that I can see) is that they sell phones.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darylross 

If you do not have the invitation ATM, just wait for the next PM/Koodo migration lottery...

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darylross 

You honestly don’t. It’s just random targeted offered Koodo sends out. If you want to see if there’s anything you will need to contact Koodo directly not PM

@darylross wrote:

I am interested in switching from Public Mobile to Koodo... how do I go about getting a promo code?

This would be between you and Koodo. Sometimes they send targeted offers to some people. You could also try contacting the Koodo sales department.

Need Help? Let's chat.