cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Email, outgoing fail

BB2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I set up outgoing email?  Incoming is good (I think, but may be only coming in thru wifi) but outgoing email gets fail message: "smpt dot telus dot net" not responding.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BB2 you're welcome 👍

BB2

Thank you so much !!!!! 🙂

BB2

Thanks so much, that worked!!!! 🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BB2 Can you try using port 1025 as your outgoing SMTP server port?

payammasjedi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Two questions:

are you using the iPhone or an Android device?
   Are you using the native email application (mail in iOS and email for Android) or using a third party (Gmail or Yahoo! Mail app)?

-> In each case, using a third party will be most useful, Gmail app in particular, is compatible with many email servers and it should be easy to use and it’ll solve incoming/outgoing servers automatically.

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Change telus to your email provider in outgoing server settings

https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/216662028-How-to-configure-email-on-an-Android-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BB2 wrote:

How do I set up outgoing email?  Incoming is good (I think, but may be only coming in thru wifi) but outgoing email gets fail message: "smpt dot telus dot net" not responding.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Are you otherwise able to browse the internet on cell data? Send/receive MMS picture messages?

Are you a recent customer here? Has it ever worked?

Some email services don't like people using separate smtp servers. iirc it's called relaying. They don't like doing that on behalf of other services. But some are fine with it.

So you might need to set up the smtp server of the email provider you are using.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BB2 wrote:

@BB2  Who is your email provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.