cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Idea.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public doesn't have an idea lab so im posting my idea here. 

It would be great for Public Mobile to be a little stricter on security. For example i can input my email address and a password into a website and i have full access to a Public Mobile account with a CC linked to it. You might say well yeah its a password protected account, but if someone manages to get a hold of you password, your account isint that protected anymore. What im saying is that PM's self serve should have a 2 Factor Authentication system as extra layer of security.

This 2FA could be done through email and phone. You can choose for it to send you an email with a code or it could send it to you through txt. You can use email option if you loose your phone and SIM. This would make it harder for people that help service other family members public mobile accounts but its an extra layer of security.

Some people accidentally post their self-serve username and pass and people can manage to login and do all kinds of grief like porting the number out or making a big charge on a CC. In my opinion a 2FA system would be great. They can even add the option to disable the 2FA system but keep it by default as it is recommend for extra security.

Hey almost every service i use has 2FA so Public should start doing it. 

0 REPLIES 0
Need Help? Let's chat.