cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling Coal

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey you diesel engine fans. Just wondering why does my jetta roll coal? Is it because it has an egr delete? It only happens when I really push it. Is there a sure fire way to roll coal so I can show off to my friends?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tman wrote:

ya it is. So how do you find ev battery in the winter cold months? Less battery life right? Did you get the car new or used and did you get gov benefit from it?

I only got it this past Spring. We may need to park it anyway due to our steep-ish rural driveway. Even in cooler weather the range decreases though. Depending on how warm a cabin you like, it also does it's own battery temperature management that takes the juice.

I was able to get 3 levels of rebates for new. It's still an expensive car (Bolt) but I sure like not paying for expensive gas. My gas burner is a Jeep. That will be the winter car this year. Then we're likely moving and I'll get rid of the Jeep.

I'm still not certain that you might actually be one of those that likes to do that activity 🙂 ...at EV's. I've seen videos and read stories...

Tman

ya it is. So how do you find ev battery in the winter cold months? Less battery life right? Did you get the car new or used and did you get gov benefit from it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tman wrote:

why else do people drive diesel's. Besides I carbon offset so it's fine. I cycle commute. 

And I drive an EV. I dislike diesels anyway let alone that disgusting activity that some diesel owners like to do intentionally.

Is that tongue still there?

Tman

why else do people drive diesel's. Besides I carbon offset so it's fine. I cycle commute. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tman wrote:

Hey you diesel engine fans. Just wondering why does my jetta roll coal? Is it because it has an egr delete? It only happens when I really push it. Is there a sure fire way to roll coal so I can show off to my friends?

Is that your tongue in your cheek or are you serious?

I think that's a rude, obnoxious, disgusting thing to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.