cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers 45$ 25GB winback offer.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Came across this article today...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/02/19/rogers-45-25gb-winback-offer-canada-data-deal/

That's a lotta data for a small price. 

If I had a plan in the 45$ range and I was coming from rogers to PM I certainly would switch back to rogers. Crazy how PM's prices aren't the lowest in the market anymore. 

11 REPLIES 11

It seems hard to find the specific plan details. Because it's only being offered to "select" former-Rogers customers. In certain provinces. Indeed, each one might receive a slightly different variation of the plan offer - there's no way for us to know.

But looking at all the other Rogers BYOD and prepaid and contract plans suggests that most of this 25GB is a one-time signup bonus. It's certainly not going to be 25GB of 4G data for $45 every month. And it's a "winback" bribe so it's almost certainly going to lock you into a typical (24-month) contract, great prices for a little while, awful prices and no escape afterwards.

And the reality is that the vast majority of us - including those who are currently Rogers customers, those who were never Rogers customers - will not be "selected" to receive this offer. Not a great deal at all if you can't buy it, lol.

BearFBI

@dabr "On another note it seems like the notifications are still not coming in properly, or at least for me!"

Yeah me too. Weird issue.

@stevenanto wrote:

@dabr OOps, i automatically assumed it was 2.5. Wow that is a solid offer!!

@stevenanto    I thought you had misread, yes that is a solid offer for the targeted customers... 😊

On another note it seems like the notifications are still not coming in properly, or at least for me!

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr OOps, i automatically assumed it was 2.5. Wow that is a solid offer!!

@BearFBI wrote:

@will13am What ? I'm not sure I follow.

"It's about paying $45 a month just for the plan.  That's a lot of money too shell out.  Add on top of this cost for hardware and you are into around $60 to $70 per month for one line. "

By hardware you mean a phone ? I mean just bring your own phone. No need to buy it through the carrier on a tab. You could say the same thing about Public "Ahh public sucks you need to buy yourself a phone, that's another 500$ plus your plan cost". I just can't follow what you mean by that.

45$ may be a lot for some but for 25GB that's a really good deal. Heck I used to pay 45$ ONLY for unlimited talk and text back with rogers. If you have the money for it and have the offer from rogers I wouldn't even think twice about leaving PM. Going from 5GB to 25GB for the same price Is a no brainer. 

I neither need 25GB nor do I wish to pay $45 per month per line.  The average monthly plan costs with Public Mobile is much cheaper than this.  The Public Mobile plans provide adequate data.  I have SIM 2 supplement where needed.  Comparisons to the past are no longer relevant.  I remember having a plan with clearnet for around $20 per month with 100 minutes of calling back in the day.  The charges were by the second and so 100 minutes was sufficient.  

BearFBI

@will13am What ? I'm not sure I follow.

"It's about paying $45 a month just for the plan.  That's a lot of money too shell out.  Add on top of this cost for hardware and you are into around $60 to $70 per month for one line. "

By hardware you mean a phone ? I mean just bring your own phone. No need to buy it through the carrier on a tab. You could say the same thing about Public "Ahh public sucks you need to buy yourself a phone, that's another 500$ plus your plan cost". I just can't follow what you mean by that.

45$ may be a lot for some but for 25GB that's a really good deal. Heck I used to pay 45$ ONLY for unlimited talk and text back with rogers. If you have the money for it and have the offer from rogers I wouldn't even think twice about leaving PM. Going from 5GB to 25GB for the same price Is a no brainer. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

As I always say.. PM is strong with low price plan (below $35)..  Like my parents, they usually just need phone and use very little data, PM  is perfect.    But if you pay $35 or more, and you use decent amount a data instead of just 1GB to check email only, you better look around.

Yes PM is no contract and can leave anytime... but at the same time, how often ppl change plan?  maybe a year or 2?  so, signing up for a GOOD plan and stay there for a year or 2 is no big deal if you need the data and if price is right

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The economics are not what it appears to be here.  It's should not be about the price per GB which is off scale low.  It's about paying $45 a month just for the plan.  That's a lot of money too shell out.  Add on top of this cost for hardware and you are into around $60 to $70 per month for one line.  

BearFBI

@stevenanto What ? PM offers 2.5GB for 35$ not 25 GB. 

@stevenanto   Take another look at the offer, it's 25GB (not 2.5GB) for $45.  I don't think PM has or will ever have anything like that!  😊

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

seems like a decent offer, but PM offers it for 35$. I must say as a former rogers customer they never made any mistakes on my billing, they just got expensive for what  I was getting. 

Need Help? Let's chat.