cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Question for Android Users

I been using the Global Skytracker app for weather. I gave it up because it can't seem to put me in right location. Their notifications from local stations are way off to the ones Environment Canada also sends. I tried the Weather Network app but feel it's a large app that takes long to load even on a phone with 4GB ram.

My question is what app do you use for weather? Looking for recommendations.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Question for Android Users

@tehowennathe wrote:

I been using the Global Skytracker app for weather. I gave it up because it can't seem to put me in right location. Their notifications from local stations are way off to the ones Environment Canada also sends. I tried the Weather Network app but feel it's a large app that takes long to load even on a phone with 4GB ram.

My question is what app do you use for weather? Looking for recommendations.

@tehowennatheI use my browser that has ad-block on a phone that has 2gb ram by means of a bookmark to my saved location on www.theweathernetwork.ca no need for apps or location sharing. If I was lazy I could also create a desktop url shortcut with my launcher adw

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tehowennatheYahoo weather app but never used the app only see the widget on the desktop.

I used to do the same but with having family in different locations and traveling when I can, I just like an app that can keep me updated.

@Jessica_T will give yahoo weather a chance. Just hope it can get my location right. I'm next to Montreal but because I'm on a reservation apps always give me town across the river. Only Weather Network got it right but was slow

Yahoo weather's 20mb is alot smaller then Weather Networks 60mb app.

@tehowennatheLoad the app , allow location access, set "current location" to on.

Tav

My phone has 1gb RAM

I use What The Forecast?!! for its entertainment value.

@tehowennathe wrote:

Yahoo weather's 20mb is alot smaller then Weather Networks 60mb app.

@tehowennatheIt uses very little resources.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@tehowennatheLoad the app , allow location access, set "current location" to on.

That feature is entirely useless in someplaces though. For some reason on Public Mobile it auto assumes I am in Toronto whenever I say use current location if I am on Data. I am no where near Toronto, I'm in Northern Ontario. Happened on two different phones. (iPhone 5s and Samsung S8+). It works fine when on WIfi though.

I just use the default App that is on the phone and manually tell it my location for the first page, and let it auto for the second for when I travel.