cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Wish List

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Easy question: What do you wish Public Mobile would offer which they presently do not?

9 REPLIES 9

Zahir_h
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1-the ability to receive texts internationally

2-Wifi calling

@Andy85 , the TextNow app is free calling & texting in Canada/USA using Wi-Fi. I haven’t used it on Data. I have the TextNow SIM Card to use for free calling & texting in USA for free without need for Wi-Fi to use it. I chose a Canadian # but can get a USA #.

I really don’t want any part of Whats app/Facebook to make & receive calls from emergency services & so on but I appreciate the suggestion. I know a lot of people use it.

Edit: Every time the survey pops up & interrupts my typing I need to start giving my feedback on it! 😆 

Andy85

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Andy85 wrote:

@LitlLdy Never thought of that but it would be a nice feature to have if PM supported it! In the interim, I suppose apps like Whatsapp or FB Messenger could be leveraged? 

@Andy85 , I am not sure, I don’t have them! Not sure how they work with making & receiving calls using our Public Mobile phone number! I have TextNow but that’s not my Public Mobile phone number! Like others have said if it’s important people can switch to Fido or Koodo.

It’s on my wish list though. 😃 Several other Customers have asked for it but I don’t think Public Mobile will ever have it! 😔 

@LitlLdy I'll have to learn more about TextNow. Does that permit calls or only texts? 

You should consider downloading Whatsapp from the Play store. It's a free download and one of the most commonly used Apps for Wifi calling, video calls, and texting! You can connect with anyone else who uses the app very easily and free of charge!

@Andy85 wrote:

@LitlLdy Never thought of that but it would be a nice feature to have if PM supported it! In the interim, I suppose apps like Whatsapp or FB Messenger could be leveraged? 

@Andy85 , I am not sure, I don’t have them! Not sure how they work with making & receiving calls using our Public Mobile phone number! I have TextNow but that’s not my Public Mobile phone number! Like others have said if it’s important people can switch to Fido or Koodo.

It’s on my wish list though. 😃 Several other Customers have asked for it but I don’t think Public Mobile will ever have it! 😔 

Andy85

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Andy85 , Wi-Fi Calling! That way when you’re in areas with poor to 0 signal you can still use your Public Mobile service! 👍🏻 

Andy85

@Sansan Ok, I thought it was just me dealing with system slowness lol

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

They did have a call centre

Online section doesn't time out after 2 minutes

You don't need multiple accounts for each phone

System was not so sloooooow

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Andy85  I wish they offered 5G+ speeds (2GBps ) like Telus does