4 REPLIES 4

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is fizz any good? Was worried they'd just fold

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@funpig1 wrote:

@car62 

I hope PM offers new plans to compete with Fizz. Rollover data and lower priced smaller but usable Canada-US data plans would be great. I really like how you can use the slider in Fizz to select the amount of data that you want.

Considering that Public Mobile discontinued their plan builder in 2018... I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

funpig1

@car62 

I hope PM offers new plans to compete with Fizz. Rollover data and lower priced smaller but usable Canada-US data plans would be great. I really like how you can use the slider in Fizz to select the amount of data that you want.

funpig1

@car62 

Better than what? What plan do you have now?

If you have the $25 3G 1GB plan, I don't think you could beat the $19 4G 1GB plan being offered by PM. 

If you need CAN-US service with big bucket of 5G data, you can consider Freedom Mobile. PM and FM are competing with each other. PM still has the advantage of the points reward system, even though it may not be as great as the older legacy reward system. 

If you only need talk, you can find some plans which will be cheaper than PM by about $30 a year, but you will have to pay for an annual plan and reduce your flexibility to change unless you're willing to forfeit what you paid.

If you want plans with better customer service and the ability to be put on hold to talk to a live agent, you can consider paying more and going to a higher tier service provider.

Good luck with your search.

Need Help? Let's chat.