cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM vs Chatr - Both change plans

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could be just coinicidence, but it seems like PM is now competing with Chatr's 3G model as they both changed plans almost simultaneously.

Chatr has only provided 3G plans but made a few tweaks with "Auto-pay" plans, effectively crediting you with additional 1-2GB for prepayment. I'm a bit perplexed with PMs move to 3G; It would be similar to Netflix offering 480i streams for a dollar less when everyone has HDTVs and UHDTVs comming soon. I was honestly expecting Chatr to change their plans to all LTE to be more competitive with everyone else.

Can't do a perfect apples-to-apples comparison due to local zones / roaming , and other factors, but the best comparisons now are below (all include canada-wide plans & international text):

Comparison 1:

T&T+6GB

Chatr:$50/m with Auto-pay, PM:$45/m on 90 day with Auto-pay (ASIDE: Freedom:$44-49/m)

T&T+4GB

Chatr:$45/m with Auto-pay, PM:$60/m on 30 day with Auto-pay (i.e. you get 2GB extra with PM on a 90 day plan for the same price, otherwise PM more expensive on the monthly plan)

Comparison 2:

T&T+2GB

Chatr:$40/m with Auto-pay, PM:$55/m on 30 day with Auto-pay (ASIDE: Freedom:$40/m)(PM a lot more expensive)

Comparison 3:

T&T+1GB

Chatr:$40/m WITHOUT Auto-pay, PM:$50/m on 30 day with Auto-pay (PM a lot more expensive)

Comparison 4:

T&T only

Chatr:$35/m WITHOUT Auto-pay, PM:$35/m on 90 day WITHOUT Auto-pay (ASIDE: Freedom: $25/m)

The other rewards, unique to PM, may help in being more competitive. Overall, I don't think it would be worth switching for. Those interested in the 18GB / 3G plan for $55/m could probably benefit the most.

0 REPLIES 0
Need Help? Let's chat.