cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The new system takes recognition of past participation and less focus on month to month leaderboard stats. 

@will13amMy only issue is public mobile does not say this. They say they will consider the most active members of the community for the oracle program every 3 months and oracles can retain their status by keeping up the great work.

They don't say is "as long as they were good before we give them a 1 year free pass"... I am fine with whatever they say, but to say one thing, and do another is misleading, especially those who put in ridiculous amounts of time, follow all of the required tips but actually have no chance of gaining such status in the near future.

@will13am wrote:
we will have to put focus on this and get the wording fixed. 

Right.

Okay, we are in violent agreement for "do as I say".  As you know, a lot of things move with glacial pace around here.  The issue will be brought up at the next opportunity. 

Oracle

@RobertQc I do agree with you, but  a constant turnaround of orackes is probably not the best idea either.

I recall reading 1 year review....(but that might have been under old rewards system).  I don't think it is right that it takes someone to retire for a search to be done.  Not sure either if nominations in the forums is the right process, but I guess it takes some of the work off management.   

Being called to gate. Bye bye rain, vacation here I come.

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc I do agree with you, but  a constant turnaround of orackes is probably not the best idea either.

@mimmoNot sure if high turnaround is the best idea either, I only mentioned that as "spitballing", throwing out ideas regarding drive of not only the applicants but the existing oracles as the last year to me is a terrible representation of the oracle program and the lack of follow through by public mobile.

While I don't think high turnaround would be very good there should be some turn around especially for those that do nothing for extended periods of time.

@mimmo wrote:

Being called to gate. Bye bye rain, vacation here I come.

Enjoy

Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:But to  "wonder if she would still be here if she ever got to touch the position I believe she would have earned."   It is hard to touch a position that you may have not earned yet.

@ShawnC13For sure I agree. Her time was short. But she was right at the top for 3 months. if the oracle program was handled as promised then she should have at least got a chance. The way the current oracle program has been handled its unlikely unless she stuck around till now and even then questionable. There was a point when she was the #1 contributor and if the oracle position was actually up for grabs more often, I say she should have got it. But of course, speculation.

@RobertQc, three months at the top is great and a lot of work but I personally don't think that is enough.  I know the wording needs to change.  I will use myself as an example as that is the only info I know the stars for.  I made the top reward level right from my first month here and did that for 13 months straight before going to the Oracle rank and have still been able to keep myself near the top of the leaderboard every month.  Was I wondering if I would become an Oracle after 3 months?  No but after the 7th month I did but I just kept up the work as I enjoyed helping and at the time the reward was still $6 and was  happy reducing my bill by that each month. 

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@RobertQc We totally understand your point of view. But i would have to disagree with a lot of points you made. Most are well argued by Shawn, and the most important one is that our commitment to the community is a bit different. We don't always post and that does not mean we are not around. As mentioned by Shawn, there are areas we regularly participate in which goes unseen. On top of that, stuff happens in life, and not everyone can continue to participate at the same level. 

All things Oracles are part of, i have to agree with others that constant change of Oracles is not a good idea. Sure it will help with different opinions and what not, but it will be difficult to manage from a view of the PM team. 

This Oracle program was introduced a while back by staff who are no longer with Public Mobile. They set certain rules on whatever they thought was right at the beginning. I am sure they barely had any idea on how this program will run through out years and how they will utilize Oracles. Now they have some ideas, and we know how Oracles are being utilized. Based on that i agree that the wording of "three months" should be changed or removed. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesaiIt would not be unreasonable to say that the opinions of oracles are somewhat biased towards this, maybe not intentional but the boss doesn't say lets make it easy to have my position switched with a low level employee and strip away my badge, office and salary. The ones on top don't want to make it easier to have their positions replaced and can come up with many logical reasons as they have an understanding and picture of behind the scenes that I and almost every other other user here lacks. So I don't think its completely fair to say. It's 99.99% of the masses whos voice counts as nothing because 0.01% says its so. Its more of a dictatorship than anything.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc are you really insinuating that the oracles are like dictators?  that they're corrupt and trying to maintain their power and massive payouts?  [massive was meant to be very sarcastic here.]

Come on man, get down off your high horse.  Good lord.  This is an online community for customers helping other customers of a discount cellular service provider.  This ain't comuist [insert your favourite comunist country name here]!!!  You've floored me with that last response, in a bad way.  Please go give your head a shake EDIT: and get over yourself.  Sheesh.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@NDesaiIt would not be unreasonable to say that the opinions of oracles are somewhat biased towards this, maybe not intentional but the boss doesn't say lets make it easy to have my position switched with a low level employee and strip away my badge, office and salary. The ones on top don't want to make it easier to have their positions replaced and can come up with many logical reasons as they have an understanding and picture of behind the scenes that I and almost every other other user here lacks. So I don't think its completely fair to say. It's 99.99% of the masses whos voice counts as nothing because 0.01% says its so. Its more of a dictatorship than anything.

@RobertQc, I think you have gone over the line calling this a dictatorship.  I had explained how I wondered if I would make oracle if there were changes going to be made but I still came and helped out.  We have tried to give you a bigger picture of what goes on with the Oracles and that it just isn't what everyone sees here.  Not everyone can hold the Position of Oracle so I am sure there will always be some unhappy people. But people come to this provider for  low cost cell service.  The rewards are a bonus

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc

Dude...don't fry your @$$ on those bridges you lit up behind you.

Sometimes ones brutal honesty needs to remain unsaid.

Or face the backlash you're now getting.

Either that or an excellent anti-campaign to become an Oracle.

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc are you really insinuating that the oracles are like dictators?  that they're corrupt and trying to maintain their power and massive payouts?  [massive was meant to be very sarcastic here.]

Come on man, get down off your high horse.  Good lord.  This is an online community for customers helping other customers of a discount cellular service provider.  This ain't comuist [insert your favourite comunist country name here]!!!  You've floored me with that last response, in a bad way.  Please go give your head a shake EDIT: and get over yourself.  Sheesh.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RobertQc, I think you have gone over the line calling this a dictatorship.  I had explained how I wondered if I would make oracle if there were changes going to be made but I still came and helped out.  We have tried to give you a bigger picture of what goes on with the Oracles and that it just isn't what everyone sees here.  Not everyone can hold the Position of Oracle so I am sure there will always be some unhappy people. But people come to this provider for  low cost cell service.  The rewards area  bonus

lol wow... I really think you misunderstand my point, my point is that when the opinion of being able to secure the position long term is coming mostly from those in that position which makes up a fraction of the community it could be easily misconstrued and feel like a dictatorship to the people that are not you or your buddy. I am not trying to call you a dictator but want you to understand what it feels like for someone outside of the inner circle and if that pushes your buttons something might be wrong there and sorry you feel that way but it was meant for you to see another side of things.

@z10user4 wrote:

@RobertQc

@Dude...don't fry your @$$ on those bridges you lit up behind you.

Sometimes ones brutal honesty needs to remain unsaid.

Or face the backlash you're now getting.

Either that or an excellent anti-campaign to become an Oracle.

@z10user4I don't want to be an oracle. I just wanted another side of the story to be said which seems to make people angry ... but I thought it would have some take a step back and and look at it from a different pair or shoes and say, hey sh*t maybe it does kind of feel unfair to some.... I didn't mean to light all the bridges up but I guess I did. Can't take it back now.