cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New and ready to save money

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and I am finally off a long and expensive phone contract with Roger's ( 113 a month for 1gb of data and Canadian wide calling lol) yeah I know I was crazy but not anymore. 

Anywho hope I can help out when there is a need and glad to be one with the PM Fam πŸ˜‹

Cheers

Re: New and ready to save money

@ChallengerOwner wrote:

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and I am finally off a long and expensive phone contract with Roger's ( 113 a month for 1gb of data and Canadian wide calling lol) yeah I know I was crazy but not anymore. 

Anywho hope I can help out when there is a need and glad to be one with the PM Fam πŸ˜‹

Cheers

Welcome and I hope that you end up being happy with the Public Mobile service.  While there are some strange system glitches at Public Mobile, people are definitely here for the price.  Keep that in mind when it comes to expectations and most people shouldn't have too many issues with the service.

I did my homework well ahead of time, so I am aware it's not as fast or amazing as the big 3 but its affordable and saves me money so I am happy lol. Thank you for the heads up though. 

Oracle

@ChallengerOwner , that $113 plan probably includes an iPhone XS.  

@will13am actually it included a Samsung s8 but it never went down because that's the "best plan" they could provide me...it got to the point that i called cancellation and even the lady told me i should switch lmao. Still have the phone though and it's still awesome as day one. 

Oracle

@ChallengerOwner wrote:

@will13am actually it included a Samsung s8 but it never went down because that's the "best plan" they could provide me...it got to the point that i called cancellation and even the lady told me i should switch lmao. Still have the phone though and it's still awesome as day one. 

Yeah, it's a no brainer to switch.  For what you would pay over two years, you should have been given 3 of those phones.

Welcome! I was on a 90 dollar plan 7gb but 2 gb was about to expire I was happy when I found public mobile. I found the service just the same and paying significantly less. Very happy with them so far.

@ChallengerOwner 

Welcome Smiley Happy

I came over to PM just over a year ago...had a couple glitches but everything got sorted out and couldn;t be happier with the savings on my mobile bill!  Lots of help on here if you ever need it.

Cheers

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have switched over 2 months ago from freedom.  I pay a little bit less with freedom (after the bundle discount coz I have multiple lines) for similar level of service but only 250 mb data.   I signed up with PM for the $25 canada wide mins unlimited text and 500+bonus 500 mb.  For a few bucks more I get more data.  Totally worth it so I decided go for it.  So far so good and there has been no issue so far.  I hope I would never come across those giltches you guys are talking about because I am still not very used to the "self help" no customer hotline I can call.  Hope I would never need to trouble the moderators for help!  Thanks everyone in advance!

Mayor / Maire

@drjyoung wrote:

I have switched over 2 months ago from freedom.  I pay a little bit less with freedom (after the bundle discount coz I have multiple lines) for similar level of service but only 250 mb data.   I signed up with PM for the $25 canada wide mins unlimited text and 500+bonus 500 mb.  For a few bucks more I get more data.  Totally worth it so I decided go for it.  So far so good and there has been no issue so far.  I hope I would never come across those giltches you guys are talking about because I am still not very used to the "self help" no customer hotline I can call.  Hope I would never need to trouble the moderators for help!  Thanks everyone in advance!

Welcome to Public Mobile. I haven't needed them for any technical or account issue since I got here a year ago. You just need to be aware of other calling and texting options if and when there's some kind of glitch or outage.