cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a manly phone case

Korth
Mayor / Maire

At work I use a CAT S61 - it's a heavily ruggedized, drop-proof, water-proof, dust-proof device with a monstrous battery, some handy hardware gizmos, robustly overkill radio, and generally middly smartphone specs.

Away from work I use a cheap RCA thing I got at London Drugs. Huge screen, clumsy, slippery, flimsy, scary fragile, it was always meant to be "disposable" but I'm still afraid it'll break everytime I handle it.

Both devices are too big for pockets, one is too chunky and beastly and the other is a glass victim looking for an accident. I refuse to keep carrying them in hand and I'm tired of packing a man-purse (backpack or gym bag) everytime I leave my car.

Belt cases aren't for me, I don't want to be a 1990s dinosaur or a Batman-wannabe.

So I'm thinking some kind of snug underarm/torso holster thing, like the ones cops on TV use to hide their guns. It's either that or I start buying shirts and jackets with cavernous chest pockets. Or maybe cargo pants - which I personally think are *always* utterly awesome even though the rest of society and fashion (and my female) assure me they are vehemently disagreeable. 

Can anyone recommend a case of this sort for me?

Bonus awesomeness if it can also hold some cards and money which normally require a wallet. Because that's how Korth rolls. 

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

now have no plausible pretense for getting cargo pants. 

@Korth probably for the best.

Good stuff.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I like it, one holster for phone, other (RFID shielded) holster for wallet and keys, hands free, pockets empty, smells liked tooled leather, squeaks when I want it to squeak.

Alas, it serves me so well that I now have no plausible pretense for getting cargo pants. 

srlawren

@Korth wrote:

but I ain't sharing my Manly Phonster (or my cargo pants). She can get her own. 

@Korth how's your manly Phonster treating you so far?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CJR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a otter box leather case it's the best I've used in a while

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try amazon or if you can wait for a month for delivery then try AliExpress 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I have used both poetic cases  & tudia ones.  They both offer good protection with built in screen protector without being too bulky.  You can usually find them on Amazon.

@srlawren wrote:

"... The straps were strong and non-elastic — meaning they sat better on my petite female frame — and the second multi-pouch was big enough to fit my wallet, car keys, house keys, hand sanitizer, and even a tiny bit of candy when needed, meaning that I could still have everything I needed even while wearing yoga pants or a skirt."

Hmm, maybe "your female" will end up wearing it rather than rolling her eye?  Robot LOL

1. I get room for candy! Booya!

2. I'll share my money and my stuff, my toothbrush (if I have to), even my icecream (sometimes) - but I ain't sharing my Manly Phonster (or my cargo pants). She can get her own. 

RandyWM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

In the past, I have had a Griffin Technology Survivor case, and it worked great.  Not sure if they would have it for your phone.  They also have some pretty cool gadgets.

Check out their website at:

griffintechnology.com/survivor

Hope this helps!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Weird, my posts keep getting erased on this thread...tried 5 times now...but seems to be working now.

Anyways, dudeliving, hahaha - nice!

srlawren

@Korth wrote:

I'm ordering one of these..

http://dudeliving.com/phone-holster/

@Korth not to burst your manly bubble, but uhm....

https://www.androidcentral.com/princesses-need-pockets

https://www.androidcentral.com/why-i-wear-holster

EDIT: here's a key excerpt for you, Mr. Manly-Man!

"When the Phonster X came along at the beginning of 2017, I jumped on the Kickstarter, seeking something more. When the holster finally showed up six months later, it was like a dream. The straps were strong and non-elastic — meaning they sat better on my petite female frame — and the second multi-pouch was big enough to fit my wallet, car keys, house keys, hand sanitizer, and even a tiny bit of candy when needed, meaning that I could still have everything I needed even while wearing yoga pants or a skirt."

Hmm, maybe "your female" will end up wearing it rather than rolling her eye?  Robot LOL

Yup, definitely the way to go. 

Especially since it could - theoretically, technically, hypothetically - be combined with cargo pants. Just sayin'

Oh that's definitely the way to go.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I'm ordering one of these..

http://dudeliving.com/phone-holster/

Just waiting on a vendor's business hours because I'd rather pay his $35 than the manufacturer's suggested $165 for this item, lol, it seems some sort of bad kickstart (or whatever) happened and a lot of people got stuck holding surplus stock.

It's definitely Manly enough to make me giddy and my female roll her eyes.

TheGx

@Korth wrote:

Thanks all but I've found what I was looking for. 

There exist vast and manly categories of "phone holsters" and "tactical phone cases" which I never knew about before. I only need something for work/personal use but I suppose being prepared for black ops messaging missions and concealed phone carry and akimbo voice calling ain't a bad thing. 

Good that you found something, would you mind posting a picture of it for all of us to see?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Thanks all but I've found what I was looking for. 

There exist vast and manly categories of "phone holsters" and "tactical phone cases" which I never knew about before. I only need something for work/personal use but I suppose being prepared for black ops messaging missions and concealed phone carry and akimbo voice calling ain't a bad thing. 

TheGx

@darlicious wrote:

Got a great deal at Canadian tire for a spidgen case for a galaxy s7 $10 plus 30x can tire Monet. Not a huge selection  but 70 % percent off and you might just luck out and find somethingvtgat works. Lots of other tech stuff greatly reduced : charging cords, power packs Bluetooth accessories and the like....

London Drugs should have some selections too.

Got a great deal at Canadian tire for a spidgen case for a galaxy s7 $10 plus 30x can tire Money. Not a huge selection  but 70 % percent off and you might just luck out and find somethingvtgat works. Lots of other tech stuff greatly reduced : charging cords, power packs Bluetooth accessories and the like....

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try Amazon, I have nothing but bad luck looking for a case for my mi a2 anywhere else. I swear if you don't own a bloody iphone you're pretty much stuck ordering online.

Need Help? Let's chat.