cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Post: Here are all the rankings in which Canada is now last

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/worst-in-the-world-here-are-all-the-rankings-in-which-canada-is...

• We have the most unaffordable housing in the OECD
  • We have the world’s most expensive wireless costs
  • We have the lowest rate of acute care beds among peer countries
  • Two of the planet’s “bubbliest” real estate markets are in Canada
  • We racked up COVID debt faster than anyone else
  • The Port of Vancouver is (almost) the most inefficient in the world
  • Toronto Pearson is the world’s most-delayed airport
  • We’re one of the world’s worst economies for foreign investment
  • We drive the most fuel-inefficient vehicles in the world

Read the National Post article for details

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Middle class problems. Be thankful that you have a roof over your heads. Geesh!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hughdyment9 

Alberta economy was down well before the COVID hit. High unemployment rate because of low oil price due to pipeline cancelation.  Comparatively, Alberta was hit hardest during COVID.  In April 2020, the price of crude oil has dropped to below US$0 dollars a barrel, a record low.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oil-negative-price-1.5538996

The driving force for real estate is "job, job and job".  Bank will not give you a mortgage if you do not have a job or million dollar in your investment or bank account.  During 2020, Alberta house price did not move much.  Not until February 2022, my realtor sent me a SMS about the multiple offers on the offer night.  Alberta was late to the house price party by about a year.  After BoC raised the prime rate a few times this year, no more offer night madness.  But we are still in the seller market by the definition of how long it takes to sell the current inventory.   Alberta house price continues to move up slowly while BC and ON house price drops.  People are selling their house in ON/BC and moving to Alberta.

hughdyment9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Our house in Nova Scotia has doubled in price over the span of 3 years. The market is truest crazy atm

@hairbag1 wrote:

Small town British Columbia is just as bad as big cities.

BC is short for Bring Cash !

Please take my money.  🤣

@hairbag1   Good one..😁

Small town British Columbia is just as bad as big cities.

BC is short for Bring Cash !

I_am_Heidi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When my husband and I relocated to New Brunswick it was one of the most affordable housing markets in the country. Now the influx of new residents have driven the market to the point that it is now on par with Ontario for affordable housing. There is very little available.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We thrive on the 3Cs, condos, crude and cannabis.  

Need Help? Let's chat.